HEM2 and PT4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEM2 and PT4

Default HEM2 and PT4

Hi,

Im using PT4 and want to run HEM2 on the same computer.

Is this possible?
    HEM setup wizard "start service" button is not available, I cant reset the password either.

Any idea?

,Kev

I replied to your post earlier on 2+2:

PT's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
    You might also want to try svcPASS83

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
    2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
    3. Move the file back to the data folder
    4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...8PostgreSQL%29

If you are going to run both at the same time and auto import with both we recommend you disable the archiving in one of the programs so they are not fighting over which program gets to archive the original hands.
    I know you just want a reply as fast as possible but posting the same thing in two different support channels just causes us to have to spend twice the time answering your question when we could be answering a question from someone else. On the weekends I am often answering both 2+2 and these forums so it isn't as big of a time waster since I can copy my answer from 2+2 to here but during the week when others are monitoring these forums we end up having to pay two different people to answer the same question.

I have a similar situation, I would like to run both PT4 and HEM2 for the same games.

What should I do on the HEM2 side to allow this?

(I read the previous answer, but I am a bit confused).

You can run them both (but we don't recommend it) if they both use the same postgresql installation. Running both, and importing to 2 different postgresql databases at the same time, could cause problems in one or both databases. That being said, I know some customers do run both trackers/HUDs at the same time when playing.

The instructions in the quote above were because the customer was having problems getting HM2 to access postgresql because PT4 installs it with a different password than we use for HM2. What specific problems are you having?

Thank you for the very quick answer!

I don't have problems yet, I was not sure if it was possible or recommended and wanted to check before doing so.

By "problems", do you mean data corruption?

Yes, importing to 2 databases at the same time could cause a postgresql database corruption so we can not recommend it. I would personally recommend you only use one while playing for auto importing and displaying a HUD and if you want to have the hands in the other for review/filtering after the session then import the hands manually once the other tracker is done auto importing.

Can I add an automatic delay for HEM2 to import hands in its database so they don't import at the same time?

No. You can disable the Hand Importing > Auto Import Options > [ ] 'Start automatic import when I start Hold'em Manager 2' option so that you have to click the 'Start Import' button after you are done using PT4 during the session or the Hand Importing > Manual Hand Import options to make the hands import.

Thanks fozzy for all the answers.

Can HEM2 import hands from tournament summaries without moving them?

I really would like to use both PT4 and HEM2 at the same time, but I am struggling to find way on how to achieve this.

For example, is it possible to have HEM2 import hands by just copying the info from the tournament summaries, without moving them.