Building new machine to run HM2 and Notecaddy - help me choose CPU and RAM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HossendeHaai View Post
    I don't, but HM2 does. The allocated memory depends on the # of hands of the current hero, so mined hands makes things go awry with memory allocation. As workaround you can add villains to an alias so it seems hero has more hands and use that alias during play.
    Can you please expand on that? What exactly do you suggest doing and specifically what kind of improvement on speed will we observe? Thanks.

Banned

Sure.

HM2 doesn't use all memory available, but limits it's use of memory to what it thinks is needed based the amount of hands the active player or alias has. What happens with mined hands is that there is more memory needed than what is to be assumed based on the amount of the active player/alias, as this doesn't give a correct reflection of the size of the DB.

What I suggest doing is creating an alias that covers at least 500k hands and using that during play. The reports etc. will be useless as it covers other players besides you, but it does make HM2 use more memory so the HUD works better. If you want to check reports you can easily switch back to your 'real' alias.

There are so many factors involved that I can't really give an indication of the improvement. I've seen it solve all problems with players before though.

Sure.

HM2 doesn't use all memory available, but limits it's use of memory to what it thinks is needed based the amount of hands the active player or alias has. What happens with mined hands is that there is more memory needed than what is to be assumed based on the amount of the active player/alias, as this doesn't give a correct reflection of the size of the DB.

What I suggest doing is creating an alias that covers at least 500k hands and using that during play. The reports etc. will be useless as it covers other players besides you, but it does make HM2 use more memory so the HUD works better. If you want to check reports you can easily switch back to your 'real' alias.

There are so many factors involved that I can't really give an indication of the improvement. I've seen it solve all problems with players before though.
    Two questions:
    1) We leave (real) hero in the alliass and add 500K hand of different players?
    2)If i understood well, to check (real) hero report, you can quickly switch from alliass to hero ingame without creating any problems?

Thanks!

Sure.

I see. Have you tried it with AJA Dynamic HUD? I really hope it makes a difference but at this time I have no time to test it myself. In any case thanks for the tip!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfish View Post
    Two questions:
    1) We leave (real) hero in the alliass and add 500K hand of different players?
    2)If i understood well, to check (real) hero report, you can quickly switch from alias to hero ingame without creating any problems?

Thanks!
    1) Correct. 500k hands in total (hero+villains) should be good.
    2) Correct as well. Downside is active session will be incorrect during play with the fake alias. But for reports in general switching is fine and should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    I see. Have you tried it with AJA Dynamic HUD? I really hope it makes a difference but at this time I have no time to test it myself. In any case thanks for the tip!
    I didn't have the problem in the 1st place so didn't try. I do know multiple ppl with AJA Dynamic who tried this successfully.
    Last edited by HossendeHaai; 05-23-2014 at 05:16 AM.

hi, just asked in another thread about it, but merely didnt receaved a reply yet. Ive put 2 SSDs in raid-0, and the thing is now the raid-0 is working in HM2 import hands about 15% slower and in NC import 50% faster than tested before on one SSD. what do I have to do,special raid settings, or anything that I have to look for, that it runs at least 2x faster on both importings, like its everywhere promoted when doing the raid-0 array. which stripe-size is the best, and things like that? and please no standard performance increase, because my problem only depends on the raid-0, which doesnt work like it should. Ive put the stripe to 128k. and more I dont know what to set up in this array. are there special tools to make it faster, besides the intel rapid storage? would be great if somebody could help out who is very expierenced with this kind of prob...thx a lot