hm2 reseting to default state
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hm2 reseting to default state

my hm stars then after a few seconds it refreshes into a state like as if it is newly installed (my guess)
    hud settings are all saved

but on the first page things like hm2 coaching videos, hm2 tv etc show up but i have closed them the session before (btw i suggest the option to be able to close them all, please forward this)

also the folder C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\Hands shows up every time in the site settings even though i have removed it (i assume thats the reason why my zoom hud is not working?)

i have tried this:
    Move your C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config/prefs.xml (and prefs.bak)
    to your desktop, deleting the two files from the C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config folder.
    did not help

also closing hm2 does not work properly, it takes ages/ i kill it
    version 7932

during a session some hud settings changed like the font size

i excluded everything from antivir/firwall so that zoom should work

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: Turn User Account Control on or off

---

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\Hands is a work folder for HM2. It cannot and should not be removed as an auto import folder.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Close PokerStars.

Close HM2.
    Update HM2 to

Start PokerStars again.
    Start HM2.

(it that doesn't resolve it, reboot your computer
    start HM2 first... then PokerStars)

When the blitz.dll file (for Zoom) is updated it has to 'hook into' the PokerStars client again to detect the Zoom tables.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

i dont have uac on
    i have all updates
    use windows firewall and security essentials with all necessary exeptions on w7
    i restarted everything a dozen of times

Go over the steps from this FAQ: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rs+Zoom+Tables

Email us your log.txt file and C:/blitzzer.txt file if the Zoom HUD still doesn't work.

i did everything as stated in that faq

the problem is not only zoom but that hm resets to a semi-default state at every restart
    e.g. it opens widgets that have been closed the session before, shows the bubble popup in the top right corner etc.

Another user with a similar problem fixed it by:

"Seems like with latest windows update MS Security Essentials automatically turned on Real time protection ... [it works again when I turned that off]"

hopefully there is another way than turning my real time protection off? (it did not work by the way)

in MSEssentials there is the option to exclude the hm2 & postgres folders. can i do that or do i have to pick the files by themselves?

for test reasons i turned firewall+MSE off, rebooted, but the issue persists.

another obvious problem with that is that it does auto detect the import folders every time and does not save the locations
    Last edited by justdoit; 11-18-2013 at 10:53 AM.

another problem is that all vs hero stats do not work

i deinstalled and reinstalled while having firewall+sec essentials off, the problem persits
    also tried a new db
    i have tired to reset all profiles on the licensing page but it has not effect

help please
    Last edited by justdoit; 11-19-2013 at 07:00 AM.