Effective Stacksize problem

Default Effective Stacksize problem

I'd like to use this feature for a specific preflop stat!

Suppose we have 4 players in a SNG game:

CO 15bb
    BU 8bb
    SB 20bb
    BB 11bb

I set the effective stacksize preflop to between 10 and 13 bb. The CO and the BU fold and the SB(note recipient) openR and the BB shoves. What does the effective stacksize option filter in this example? Are the CO and BU included in the effective stacksize calculation and that is the reason why NC does not recognize this hand??

No direction but to trust the final destination

Effective stack should start from the SB shove but depending on the options you picked in your action sequence it could start before then. For example, if you specified that note recipient had to post the small blind which would be superfluous and cause the effective stack to be registered as 15. If you want a more specific answer then I need the hand/definition and would be happy to take a look http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ead-first.html
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Please let me know if I can send you an email. Maybe you just write to REDACTED and I will respond. Thank you in advance!

You can attach the items here by clicking "go advanced" after you click reply. Definition help is always handled via forums so that when others search they can use the information of this and all threads to help them
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

The player majkl1812 should have got a note for openR and not folding to the shv --> therefore the stat should show 0/1, but it isn't even recognized!

The stat determines if a player with a stacksize between 11-13 bb openraises and then fold to a shv. Of course the effective stats are important here!

NC Stat: (11-13bb)OpenRaise+Fold(SB).xml

HandHistory: test.txt

hi,

Thank you for attaching the hand and definition. You made no attempt to filter for the effective stack size. You just filtered for the actual stack size

You should be filtering for effective. Also remove the same filter you applied in the open raise action since that just looks at SB's 27 bb actual stack size.

Stack size filters do not automatically consider effective since there is a specific effective stack size filter

Have a look at the correct version
    (11-13bb)OpenRaise+Fold(SB).xml

=>

(11-13bb)OpenRaise+Fold(SB): Action: F could have happened but did not *CANDIDATE*

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    For example, if you specified that note recipient had to post the small blind which would be superfluous and cause the effective stack to be registered as 15.
    Hi, Could you please elaborate on this? I don't understand... why specifying the note recipient has to post sb would cause the effective stack to be registered as 15?

I'm having a very similar problem with a definition (although I did filtered by effective stack), I'm thinking maybe my problem is precisely this thing, that i put an action for the note recipient to post SB. Before correcting my definition and deleting that action I would like to understand why this causes trouble.

Thanks!

Effective stack counts from when the first action by the note recipient is performed per the sequence. You can get around the issue you're having by specifying the position of small blind in the pre flop->general tab rather than the action sequence

Thanks sreticentv, I'll do that, but I still don't understand when and why should I put the post small/post big actions or not. I've opened a new thread with my questions, http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ml#post2157302 I'd really appreciate if you can take a look at it. Thank you very much!