SQL Query in pgadmin - tuto for HM/poker databases
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SQL Query in pgadmin - tuto for HM/poker databases

Hi

Some work on my game led me to learn how to run SQL query in pgadmin.
    Instead of learning the whole SQL thing, are there specialized tuto from your knowledge specifically designed for HM2 databases? poker databases?

Thanks
    Ben

At the moment we have not.

But we have plans to open up the API for third party developers. (this will include a guide with the all the SQL tables, and what the tables/values mean.)

Ticket on this issue is HM-5317. I've added your email address to the ticket.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Hi again

I am trying to run sql queries in the hm2 db/PostgreSQL.
    But i dont know the tables - are the sql tables available somewhere? Its quite a pain in the ass to go into the postgreSQL console and type "\d" to look for all the tables...

Thanks in advance
    Ben

Alright nevermind i found them in pgadminIII.
    I don't know the relation between the tables - is there information somewhere regarding that topic? Could someone help?

I am basically rying to run a sql query out of my HM2 database and i want all the situations where Hero called BB vs BTN open.
    From these situations I want to know additional information:
    - number of hands
    - hands won
    - hands lost
    - hand strength on the flop (pair, draw, ...)
    - size of the pot on the flop
    - hero stack size on the flop
    - hero stack size after the hand

That type of things

Thanks
    Ben

Attachment 132522
    RLotHob.png

How come there is no "position" attribute? Surely I must be looking in the wrong table?

You can not run PSQL queries in HM2 the way you could in HM1 due to our proprietary database parent folder schema we adopted to make imports and filtering/refreshing of reports faster. The HMQL Report and API access should allow you to do what you want but the documentation is yet finished. It is very close but we are waiting on a few answers from the lead developer before we can finalize the document and upload it to our FAQs. Once it is ready it will be attached on this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...rty+Developers

Hey fozzy
    Thanks for the reply.
    So are you saying that currently the problem I am trying to solve/inormation I am trying to extract is not possible?

Pls read my post above and tell me so that I dont waste time trying to do something that is currently impossible.

Thanks

I am not a programmer so I can not address the specifics in your question. My understanding is the general type of information you are trying to get at will be available only through the HMQL Report and API access which we are finalizing documentation for. It is designed for 3rd party developers and is not something that those of us in tech support will be able to assist with beyond providing a download link to the documentation that will be added to the FAQ in the near future.

Okay thanks.
    What do you mean by the "near future"? Is it weeks or months?

More likely 6+ months.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here