Hand Viewer Redesign Feedback
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Hand Viewer Redesign Feedback

Hi, were working on redesigning the hand viewer soon and we have some ideas we already mocked up. We just want to get some early feedback from users. While we know we cannot please everyone as people use these in different ways and different people have different needs for features but we think its important to get your feedback at this early stage to see if we missed anything obvious. Our aim is to reduce the complexity while still giving users customization options but were sensitive to implementing something that will complicate the user experience for something the majority of users wont use.

We do plan to allow basic customization of decks but this is subject to change.

Another thing we want to get away from is having 2 different hand viewers for live hand viewer and the reports hand viewer because they are both used in quite different ways. So we are going to allow you to customize each one differently but the actual hand viewer will be the same.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...dViewerV2.docx

When referring to feedback please mention the design number to clarify which design your talking about. These aren't final designs, its more a collection of possible designs and your feedback will be valuable in choosing the best features and options.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hi,

Although most of the new designs really look good for me, I'd like to start with those I don't want to see:

#11 (Condensed view): Stack size (small, medium, full, deep) is an important information for preflop decisions; not beeing able to see the stacks of ALL players is a no go for me (hovering with the mouse over each player and keep his stack in mind is NOT an option!)

#8, #9 (Plain text): From my point of view it doesn't make sense to add only some "optical" features to the old design.

But now it's time to change to my favorite:
    #1 (Indented betting tiles): Wow! This kind of visual presentation makes it really easy to see what was going and therefore is my favorite; #2 (without intended tiles) is an improvement compared with the actual design but far away from #1!

I also appreciate the new showdown designs: Though only playing holdem (guess for omaha players this might be even better) it's much easier to understand what happened.

Hopefully that my #1 will be the winner
    Tom

something like this
    smaller size, larger font and colors better
    Last edited by abd; 10-14-2013 at 06:41 AM.

The graphical representation of the hand histories would be a big improvement imo. I too like the idea of indenting the action, but as usual I like to take things further!

If we have enough room to give each villain their own column following the action gets even easier. Pot size running total after every bet gives us immediate feedback on betsize/pot ratios. Could it be even possible to have pots in BB's and even SPR columns as well?

Anyway I had a play with the 6max cash example in the doc and came up with this:

REPLAYER.png

After sleeping on that one I thought I'd have a play with a FR table to see if we could fit 10 seats across the action grid.

10seatReplayer.png

I'm not sold on mirroring the showdown panels, I thought it would be good to have the text adjacent but it wouldn't work for multiway showdowns anyway.

The action buttons and cards are just what I could fashion in Excel for the mockup, but I think there could be potential for a really useful and informative panel to impart a lot of information really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a.Also View Post
    Sorry, but from my point of view this is little bit confusing (especially when trying to find out what happened on the river); with a design like this it's much easier to follow the action:
    better_view.jpg

However I appreciate the idea of pot size running total and either an additional SPR or stack size left column would be nice.

No need to apologise, as Morny says, feedback positive and negative is all good.
    I take on board it's kinda confusing, it scans the wrong way. I've switched the last to act to the right hand side so it flows across better. It muddles preflop up a bit, but we're not overly concerned about pre?
    Agree the indent works ok HU, but I was thinking ahead to multiway showdowns, and being able to keep each villain in a vertical column makes it easy to read his bet sequence rather than having to scan every third line horizontally.

I assume it would be possible to hide the columns for preflop folded positions in the hand, to compact the layout? I've no idea how easy this would be to achieve live btw, it's fiddly enough messing around with it in Excel

ReplayerGridSwitch.png

Why make a huge HV? Then easier to open replayer. HV must be compact, easy to view and fast mark a hand

You can mark hands via right-click the hand, mark and using hotkeys (set in HUD Settings).

We are discussing making a few items optional.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I think it is not necessary to overload interface hand viewer. Small, simple and fast is nice way seveloping.
    Make button for open replayer, make save setting for format to copy hands. (UPD Wow it`s present!)
    Make possibility copy hand whith stats. It is necessary to make one year ago.
    No need transforming hands viewer to second freezing replayer (with many notecaddy deff`s replayer it`s work very slow)
    Sorry for bad English
    Last edited by pan; 10-18-2013 at 03:17 AM.

I'm still very interested in this opportunity to come up with something much better for visualising the hands.

When/why do you switch to the replayer? What extra information is displayed? In my case I usually just click to a certain street and click through, but I'm not a power user and don't spend much time reviewing hands currently. To my mind the replayer is just a window on the actions and contains transient information. If we could include the best of the replayer info, together with the hand history information, and then add in calculated information regarding stack/bet/pot/odds ratios, for every single betting action in the hand, and have this information persistent, this would be a massive improvement in my mind.

Just getting some thoughts out there, I'll be back sometime to clutter the thread with more screenshots.

More input folks??