Hand Viewer Redesign Feedback - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    HM2 Shark Tank Member

fozzy, there is already plenty of feedback regarding that in this thread.

But anyway, here it goes again:

- folds some type of grey, and maybe italic too (i think they already are italic)
    - bets red
    - raises red and bold
    - calls green? white? not sure about this one

Or just make the bets red, and don't touch the rest, like it was before.
    Last edited by Hilips; 03-29-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Calls green and everything guy above me said please

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Just an example. This is how 2+2 hand converter looks like:

I think it's pretty simple.

- Folds are gray, and they match the color, but in a different tone, of the background (i'm sure that's just a coincidence because of the skin i use, but you get the point)
    - Bets and Raises red (aggressive)
    - Calls and Checks white (passive)

Obviously there are tons of ways to do this, but i think this is quite simple and helps reading the hh.

alright i played around a little today, and it was really difficult to see what players were bolded (showing what players where involved in the pot) could you guys make this yellow? Or like just have it labeled exactly like 2+2 has it above where it specifically says the position that is acting like "UTG bets $3" like above? I honestly don't use the position above and look only at the HH text

Hi,

Just wanted to post a preview of what to expect in the next release for the new header and footer, we cleaned things up a but and added some extra features we hope you guys like.

We also had an idea internally suggested we wanted get feedback on, there isnt any complaints about this so this would need to get unanimous support for us to change it but it does seem like a good idea. Basically to cut down on the text and clutter we reduce the names postflop to 6 characters, this takes up less space, height and gives a cleaner look but maybe people will find it annoying that the names are cut off?

This also shows what the new changes will look like in light theme. The left side is full length names, the right side version has names reduced to 6 characters

One change that isn't in the mock is we increased the bold on the preflop players that made it to showdown. We didn't thinker with the colors this time around, while personally i agree with the suggestions for colors in this thread we haven't really gotten any negative feedback other than a comment or two here and there. The idea was to reduce the amount of colors we are using so the xmas tree affect is reduced. Colors are very subjective so i knew there wasn't going to be universal support for whatever we decided on but well keep an open mind and our ears open for more feedback both here and throughout the forums.

Just an FYI on a survey we ran back in March. We asked which view users preferred, the tile view or the text view and showed a picture for each. From almost 200 replies it was quite close at 54% Text Version and 46% Tile Version so good to see people are making use of both.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

I don't have time to give you a detailed reply just yet but one thing I would really like to see is "Hero's" actions bolded at all times. It providers a very good reference point and makes the HH easier to scan/read.

HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Hi ADK, we already use bolded font for players that see showdown. One of the ideas we got was to use an icon to indicate hero player. Any feedback on that?

Here is a mockup with icon added to hero player:
    handviewer-hero1.png

HM2 Shark Tank Member

To be completely honest, I didn't know what the icon meant when i look at the screenshot for the first time. I guess that says something about it.

It adds unnecessary clutter, but i can live with it. But i think changing the Hero name to "HERO", or something like that, would be more then enough. It's a text based HH, less icons more text IMO.

It seems to me that you guys want to re-event the wheel, and there's no need for that. There are a bunch of good feedback on this thread, just take advantage of that.

IMO, i still want to see some differences between bets, checks, folds and calls, like it was suggested many times ITT. Apart from that, i like what i see. Specially the "change font size" option.

Good job.

HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback Hilips, we'll stay away from the idea to use icon for now. No developer time was spent on it yet, it was only a photoshop to get some feedback.

Please keep the feedback coming, thanks!

How about it saying "hero" and with the icon next to it? I like the icon