Hand Viewer Redesign Feedback - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    HM2 Shark Tank Member

I personally like HM1 and PT4 HH viewer. It's very basic, i can understand what happen in the hand in a second. That's what I personally want from the HH viewer.

But i understand other ppl want notes, NC stuff, stats and all. By all means, add all that but put an option to remove it all, change colors, sizes, etc.

Personally i like the current hand viewer and wouldn't have any objections if it was used for live hand viewing as well. If i'm playing and want to see what villain showed up with or check equities at major decision points in the hand i want it to be quick and simple, not having to spend time scrolling down a massive handviewer to get to the relevant part of the hand i'm interested in.

tiling seems to me to be just a load of aethetic fluff which will appeal to people who hardly use the hand viewer and annoy the hell out of people who use it a lot.

For reviewing hands post sesssion the hand viewer is far more useful to me than the hand replayer. I can open the hand and instantly get the information i want then move to the next hand without waiting for the hand replay to crawl its way through a hand. replayer has its uses for educational purposes where coaches can work back and forward through a hand stopping and discussing at each decision point.

posted this as a feature request and fozzy suggested posting this in this thread
    if the hand viewer is open and you are doing a session review going through working your way through your list of marked hands you have to hide then show the handviewer in order to then be able to export the hand history in a format suitable to post in forums. This is a lot of unnecessary clicking.

Once the hand you want to look at is changed from one hand to another one either by clicking it once (double clicking opens the replayer) or by use of the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard it should be relatively easy to use the "if hand viewer is open load new hand into hand viewer" logic rather than making the user click so many times.
    in terms of session reviews , having the stats in the hand viewer is a must , being able to configure which stats are available would be nice.Being able to have those stats available in the hands copied to the clipboard is long overdue and a feature that PT4 users have enjoyed for some time.one of the options in the discussion document had a default export type option. thats all well and good if you only post on one forum but many of us will be posting on two or 3 or more forums each with their own format. having to change the default export type would grate over time. A compromise would be to give each hand "copy as" type an icon , and a tick box icon. then you can choose which formats you want icons for and then at the bottom you could have "copy as" followed by the icons for the formats people want to use.and a configure "copy as" button to setup those icons.
    this would mean that people could have for example 2+2, FTR , phpBB,ttext,source icons and just click on the icon to copy the hand in the correct format to the clipboard ready to post to a forum. I think PT4 has this in a limited way with its 2+2 icon (from memory, hardly used it though).

design 9 looks BEST
    very clear, just as it should be
    however the betting tiles are nice aswell, best is to offer both options
    design 8 is not good with the actions after each other without a seperate line for each action

one important thing: SPEED, make that thing popup instantly like in hm1 or the stars replayer
    atm it is just way too slow

Guys, please see this feedback thread if you want to give your opinion on further redesign on the hand viewer
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-...ml#post2109052
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Please, return as it was before 331b5a26d8311e627f3fb4945a91bc86 (1).png and add Equity hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We are working on getting the amount in the drop-down list to match the amount won at the bottom of the hand (so it doesn't add in rake or returned bets) and it will hopefully be resolved for the next beta or official release. The Equity per street is shown now as well:

01.09.2014-11.25.png

Default Switch back to old Hand Viewer

Hey,

Is it possible to switch back to the old Hand Viewer (popup on the tables).

I mean when you click one of the hands there:

http://gyazo.com/d2959c9938ae65607edbadfc9081f95b.png

Cheers

Quoting from 2+2 for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by 2+2 customer
    you cant see the cards, you cant see who does what, the action is small and over many lines instead of being simple
    CARDS
    action
    CARDS
    action
    ---
    now its

action
    action
    action
    action
    action
    some cards
    action
    action

Even PT4 uses the same format that you used before.

So how do i go back to the older version without breaking everything? There's no way im keeping this and im pretty sure you'll get a lot of complaints in the future.

best part is the results. Put the holecards right next to the board with no spacing, make sure that multitablers can't jsut glance over and see clear action/results which is the main point of the simple hand viewer. Seeing what happened right on the tables quickly. If someone wants the full on details he cans imply open HM and select the replayer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2+2 customer
    the HM1 one is clearly the best. Easiest to read. Im really happy if there gets to be a HM1 close instead of the one we had with HM2. The point of the last 3 hands is to see results and actions QUICKLY and PT4+ HM1 are the only 2 that offer that

Quote Originally Posted by Pickaface View Post
    Hey,

Is it possible to switch back to the old Hand Viewer (popup on the tables).

I mean when you click one of the hands there:

http://gyazo.com/d2959c9938ae65607edbadfc9081f95b.png

Cheers
    We are taking all feedback into consideration and will make changes where possible based on the feedback we receive but it is obviously going to be impossible to make everyone happy. We are planning to implement a HM1 clone version of the hand viewer due to popular demand but there is no ETA for how long that will take so for now you will need to deal with the new hand viewer design or roll back to a previous build that has the old hand viewer design.

For comparison here is the same PLO hand in the previous HM2 hand viewer, the new HM2 hand viewer, HM1, and PT4 using their small and large cards option.

There is an old principle, keep it simple; especially if something is going to viewed rapidly.

So, if I may:
    * Old HM2 hand viewer and new HM2 hand viewer are not simple. I find them confusing because of the duplication of data and inclusion of data that (to me) is not essential. The viewer needs to be scanned quickly, that demands lean and mean.
    * I also think the grey theme is not conducive to rapid scan. For me, data gets lost in the background.
    * The mix of small and big cards, or just big cards, just adds to the confusion and makes my eyes bleed.

To meet my needs, HM1 & PT4 hand viewers work a treat.

Naturally, all the above is personal opinion only.