HEM2 insta crashing on start-up

Default HEM2 insta crashing on start-up

Just moved onto a new laptop and have installed HEM2 on it using the (First Time Install Only) download here: Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps

All seems to download fine, but when I run HEM2 I very quickly get a message saying 'Hod'em Manager has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'.

Did some googling and found some old posts saying to run it as admin (2 files were mentioned, i've applied the settings to both, but with no success). I've also tried with UAC on and off and even uninstalled my anti-virus software, so it can't be an issue with that. No ideas where to proceed with it now.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

p.s. One other thing I tried was to download HEM2 onto a different laptop, put it on a memory stick and move it across, but when I did this I got a message about no valid product key being found (wasn't then prompted to put one in, lol useful) and it just closed again... I think it came up with the same 'stopped working' message I get now, so I scrapped that plan.

Thanks for any help you guys can give, i'm lost on this one.

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Update Windows 7 to Service Pack 1. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: Turn User Account Control on or off

---

When there is a crash, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here