guide virtualbox

Default guide virtualbox

I was searching for a guide to install and configuring HM2 and PostgreSQL with virtualbox on a linux (mint) computer.
    and a step by step guide please
    like im a 12 old kid ;-)

We do not have a guide for this. You should be able to find basic guides for your preferred VM on the web. Once you setup your VM to use Windows everything should be the same as if your machine was an actual Windows machine. We do have one part time employee that uses Linux and I will forward him a link to this thread in case you have any further specific questions.

I have found a guide and installed Viruaĺbox
    this guide is for most of linux distributions 32 and 64bits
    How to Install Virtualbox 4.2.14 on Ubuntu 13.04, 12.10, 12.04, Linux Mint 15, 14, 13 And Debian Wheezy & Squeeze | LinuxG.net

I go further from here.
    Thanks for replying

Virtualbox is pretty easy to install. Then, just put your windows disk in the drive and start it up. Installing Windows (except for 8) is pretty simple.

Make sure you don't have 3-D set on VB.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Virtualbox is pretty easy to install. Then, just put your windows disk in the drive and start it up. Installing Windows (except for 8) is pretty simple.

Make sure you don't have 3-D set on VB.
    Its indeed very easy, and i have virtualbox up and running
    I tried several windows versions and windows 7 doing a good job
    It was hilarious to see a "blue screen of death" with the xp version
    That was some time ago. i know the frustrations with the blue death screens... olmost old school ;-)
    Its was nice to shut it down and go further

HM2 is running, but its laggy so i looking for finetuning it
    Any tips? or links
    Thanks in advace

I have worked before with HM and have payed twice for it, and also this time i lost the key and the registred email.. i have it somewhere i will find it..

The mucked cards are not in the right place e.g. the right player, normally i would do that with the option "seating preferences", but i cant see the alligment option.
    I downloaded the latest version "7905_HoldeManager2Setup"
    I think the layout of HM has changed and therefore also the option alligment mucked cards
    where can i find the option to adjust Mucked Cards?

The Virtualbox win7 asked for 512 mb. but it was laggy so i gived 512 mb more / 1 gig of the three i have.

i dont have hm2 started with admin rights. But i read some topics on the forum that says that win7 in VB must have admin rights,
    its feels not ok to go on the internet with programs in admin privileges, even in a virtual environment i feel not secure.
    any advice would be welcome

Tuning HM2, read:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html
    and http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+is+lagging%3F

If you've lost your serial, you can also email sales@holdemmanager.com and they can re-sent it to you.

Seating preferences: on which site are you playing? Re-check: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ingPreferences
    Mucked Cards: replay a hand--> click on the HUD options icon (and turn on show mucked cards positions)

--

HoldemManager and PostgreSQL require super user administrator privileges. Alternatively manually set up exceptions for HoldemManager and PostgreSQL to Windows Firewall (even when you're NOT using Windows Firewall), your firewall, and antivirus program. Without these exceptions/privileges it's very common for the computer to block the PostgreSQL server, or simply by constantly monitoring the PostgreSQL server it can result in serious lagging.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here