HM2 Ramcap - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HM2 Ramcap

Thanks for the feedback and good luck this Sunday. I certainly do enjoy my work and since I suck at teh pokerz I like to live vicariously through our customers.

Have you tried the NC 2.5 beta build yet? If having NC disabled solves your problems then I think the next step will be to see if NC 2.5 beta helps your performance problems enough that you can use the NC App that you paid for.

If the problems happen with NC disabled on Sunday make sure you save your logs and copy them to your desktop using our new start menu utility. Then the following week we will probably want you to enable NC and get logs with NC (2.4 or 2.5, whichever you decide to try/use next) enabled again. You might have some already from last Sunday since HM2 saves the last 10 logs by default right now as the max log file Feature Logging setting is broken so please copy your log files to your desktop and send them to us with a link to this thread and your forum as shown in here - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Hi,

I am having some performance issues with HM2 while playing(its slow to bring up peoples reports or hands, but the HUD is OK). I run NC Predator and NC Edge and have a lot of stats in my HUD. I just adjusted all of the HM2/Posgres settings as advised and wanted to increase the ramcap as well.

I have an i7 laptop with 16GB Ram and an SSD. My database is about 1million hands(all of which are mine). I read through the thread but was unable to figure out what to change my values to, can you give some advice?

Thanks,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jschlach View Post
    Hi,

I am having some performance issues with HM2 while playing(its slow to bring up peoples reports or hands, but the HUD is OK). I run NC Predator and NC Edge and have a lot of stats in my HUD. I just adjusted all of the HM2/Posgres settings as advised and wanted to increase the ramcap as well.

I have an i7 laptop with 16GB Ram and an SSD. My database is about 1million hands(all of which are mine). I read through the thread but was unable to figure out what to change my values to, can you give some advice?

Thanks,
    Jason
    I don't have much experience playing with that size database so you will have to try various numbers and see which works best for you. You could probably start by using the numbers in this performance guide that Alan Jackson made for his AJA NC package.

I am going to sound like an idiot for posting this, but I cannot figure out where to paste this Code to increase my ram cap. I go to the Config folder I dont see any " general" .I dont see anywhere to Edit or Paste anything.

I am on rage tilt because I cannot find where to put this after searching the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by stackedu View Post
    I am going to sound like an idiot for posting this, but I cannot figure out where to paste this Code to increase my ram cap. I go to the Config folder I dont see any " general" .I dont see anywhere to Edit or Paste anything.

I am on rage tilt because I cannot find where to put this after searching the forums.
    You have to add the code to the .config file in the main \HoldemManager folder, not the \Config sub-folder.*

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Ho ldemManager.config

If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. FAQ - Hold'em Manager (HM1) Poker Tracking Software :: How to See Hidden Files in Windows

Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Tech :: Scott Granneman

*I see the original post by me in this thread could probably be a bit more clear so I will try to update it now to be more precise.

Is this still relevant as I cant seem to put my finger on any of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneMcG View Post
    Is this still relevant as I cant seem to put my finger on any of this ?
    Are you in the right folder? What can't you find?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi Chris,

Ty for reply, Im using i7-7700 16GB

What do u recommend is the best setting for performance regarding this RAMCAP

There are a lot of variables. Try using them and see which work best for you.

Try maxing it at first.

Here are some other guides:

http://www.notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy%2...ide%20v1.2.pdf
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

TY Chris