Thanks for the feedback and good luck this Sunday. I certainly do enjoy my work and since I suck at teh pokerz I like to live vicariously through our customers.

Have you tried the NC 2.5 beta build yet? If having NC disabled solves your problems then I think the next step will be to see if NC 2.5 beta helps your performance problems enough that you can use the NC App that you paid for.

If the problems happen with NC disabled on Sunday make sure you save your logs and copy them to your desktop using our new start menu utility. Then the following week we will probably want you to enable NC and get logs with NC (2.4 or 2.5, whichever you decide to try/use next) enabled again. You might have some already from last Sunday since HM2 saves the last 10 logs by default right now as the max log file Feature Logging setting is broken so please copy your log files to your desktop and send them to us with a link to this thread and your forum as shown in here - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F