HM2 Ramcap - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HM2 Ramcap

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    It should definitely be using more RAM with those values when loading the hands into memory if you have 1+ million hero hands compared to the unedited config file using default values. You didn't notice any difference in the amount of RAM used? If you create an alias and add a bunch of non-hero screen names with lots of hands to your alias does it use more RAM? Does it help improve the performance when it is using more RAM? There is more information about these values and how they work and how we are looking to improve them even further in this thread.

What exactly are the problems you are having? You came into this thread asking about what the values do but you did not describe the problems you are having.

Are you using NoteCaddy Premium? If yes, do you use any addon coaching packages?

Are you having performance problems with the HUD/tables when playing? Or problems with the HM2 GUI/Replayer when reviewing?

Here is a screen shot of my test database with a 1 million hand hero alias using a default unedited config and using the max values - New Playlist(228) - fozzy71's library
    hey,
    I had a new database with noa dded alias so probably thats why nothing happend.
    Now I insert a alias and I notice RAMusage goes up like 4GB when I open HM. So now somethings happening. But then drops down to like only 1gb extra after couple minutes (compared to when I did not have HM open)

I dont use notecaddy ATM but will start using it soon.

Im having performance problems while playing. When I try to open notewindow it does lag a lot to the point where I cant almost write notes cus the window is lagging so much. and typing lags a lot int he notewindow also..

I didnt try now with the aliases added though.. we'll see next time I grind

Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...p+Instructions

Afterwards, please make sure that you update windows completely. Keep checking to make sure that there are no more updates, until it shows twice, five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

Please run maintenance on the DB.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the maintenance tab.

3) Click the Full radio button.

4) Click the Optimize button.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...p+Instructions

Afterwards, please make sure that you update windows completely. Keep checking to make sure that there are no more updates, until it shows twice, five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

Please run maintenance on the DB.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the maintenance tab.

3) Click the Full radio button.

4) Click the Optimize button.
    I have new formatted super computer with intel 6core cpu and 32gb ram. a lot of free space on my intel SSD. optimized windows settings and turned of UAC. Put exceptions in my antivirus/firewall.
    go to pgadmin and hit maintenance "full analyze" and reindex several times a week.
    windows update is always updated... everything should be working so good.. but its not.. dont know why..
    Gonna reinstall microsoft net framework but doubt thats the problem..

If you have a SSD, there is no need to fully analyse/reindex the database several times a week": all this does is make the database a little big smaller. (only do it, if you're desperate to free up disk space)

Super computer: 6 core / 32 GB RAM: see posts by Fozzy on RAMCAP in this thread.
    HoldemManager can't utilize all 6 cores and can't utilize hyper-treading (NoteCaddy can). We'll also have to improve the program's memory use allowing it to use more RAM.

I doubt installing .net framework will improve your performance.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Did you get a chance yet to see if .net cleanup/reinstall helped?

Have you tried disabling the HUD Settings > HUD Designer > [ ] 'Show caddy notes' to see if it helps?

Does it help to disable the HUD Settings > General Settings > Advanced Settings > [ ] Auto Z-order

What is your HUD overhang set to?

Can you try changing your HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > Overhang to 0?

The RAM dropping back down to 1gb means the ram cap is working. There is no way to force it to use more RAM without creating an alias that has more hands. Have you tried adding a few villains with huge samples to your alias yet? If you add a few villains so that your selected alias has 2 or 3 million hands instead of 1 million hands it will use more RAM.

I also went over all your posts (since 2010).
    It is fair to say, you never liked HM2's performance?

Compared to HM1,... HM2 can feel 'bloated'. There is no fix for this.

Also re-reading this thread, please sent us your log file when the lagging becomes unbearable.
    The log file contains all the time codes:

Code:
                                (___)(___) (___)(___)(___)(_______)
    03:49:13.442 [Main:1 - UnityBootstrapper.Run] [HighPriority] Log Started 5/22/2014 3:49:13 AM
    03:49:13.442 [Main:1 - UnityBootstrapper.Run] [HighPriority] Creating module catalog.

03:50:21.807 [Worker 11:11 - PokerManager.GarbageCollectionTimerTick] [General] CollectionCount=174,32,14
    This tells us exactly how many seconds certain tasks take on your computer. From startup to switching tabs, clicking any button, importing hands, etc. Email them to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this specific post, so we can analyse the time codes of the log file for lagging.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Did you get a chance yet to see if .net cleanup/reinstall helped?

Have you tried disabling the HUD Settings > HUD Designer > [ ] 'Show caddy notes' to see if it helps?

Does it help to disable the HUD Settings > General Settings > Advanced Settings > [ ] Auto Z-order

What is your HUD overhang set to?

Can you try changing your HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > Overhang to 0?
    All these things will be tried for this sunday (I do MTT wars sundays) and then report back monday. Thanks for advices

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    I also went over all your posts (since 2010).
    It is fair to say, you never liked HM2's performance?

Compared to HM1,... HM2 can feel 'bloated'. There is no fix for this.

Also re-reading this thread, please sent us your log file when the lagging becomes unbearable.
    The log file contains all the time codes:

Code:
                                (___)(___) (___)(___)(___)(_______)
    03:49:13.442 [Main:1 - UnityBootstrapper.Run] [HighPriority] Log Started 5/22/2014 3:49:13 AM
    03:49:13.442 [Main:1 - UnityBootstrapper.Run] [HighPriority] Creating module catalog.

03:50:21.807 [Worker 11:11 - PokerManager.GarbageCollectionTimerTick] [General] CollectionCount=174,32,14
    This tells us exactly how many seconds certain tasks take on your computer. From startup to switching tabs, clicking any button, importing hands, etc. Email them to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this specific post, so we can analyse the time codes of the log file for lagging.
    It is not fair to say I never liked HM2's performance no .Theres defnitly times where HM2 runs good and no problems about it performance wise for sure. It still doesnt work nearly as good as HM1 though. And is full of like "bloatware" tbh compared to HM1.. SO yeah probably have to put this in since you mentioned my post history.. I definitly think HM2 was a very poor upgrade to hm1 but Hey... what can I do now we are all stuck with it and just trying to make it work here.

Next time I will get these lags I will post those logs (hopefully NOT) but then you'll see it can be a 3 second delay for note window to pop up, and pops up in middle of window. if I try to move it I just cant grab the window cus it lags so much. try move it 3 times and eventually moves out of the way from the tables but cant take notes in the window... Thats a real problem not something that can be traced in my post-history of disliking HM2 compared to HM1.

Quote Originally Posted by StonedShisha View Post
    All these things will be tried for this sunday (I do MTT wars sundays) and then report back monday. Thanks for advices
    OK, hopefully it helps. Good luck at the tables.

Quote Originally Posted by StonedShisha View Post
    It is not fair to say I never liked HM2's performance no .Theres defnitly times where HM2 runs good and no problems about it performance wise for sure. It still doesnt work nearly as good as HM1 though. And is full of like "bloatware" tbh compared to HM1.. SO yeah probably have to put this in since you mentioned my post history.. I definitly think HM2 was a very poor upgrade to hm1 but Hey... what can I do now we are all stuck with it and just trying to make it work here.

Next time I will get these lags I will post those logs (hopefully NOT) but then you'll see it can be a 3 second delay for note window to pop up, and pops up in middle of window. if I try to move it I just cant grab the window cus it lags so much. try move it 3 times and eventually moves out of the way from the tables but cant take notes in the window... Thats a real problem not something that can be traced in my post-history of disliking HM2 compared to HM1.
    The log files will be helpful as I don't think we have seen any of your recent log files yet.

I tried some grinding today but just cashgames. so maximum 9 tables. And there was no lag whatsoever.. Didnt reinstall the framework but I did turn of NC stats in HUD (the default ones since I have the notecaddy app paid for). ANd it might have helped. But still final test will be this sunday when Im pumping 14+ tournys

. Thanks fozzy for keeping the support up all these years. Like you have a genuine interrest in helping out. Cheers