HM2 Ramcap - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HM2 Ramcap

When I disable notecaddy HM2 works like a charm
    HM2 conf fileHoldemManager.7z
    I have about 5 stats in my popups+lists(http://scr.hu/0p4g/6fs9q).
    Of course I'm using NCE Ultimate. And it was working fine with 50% of notes enabled but then I enabled all of the notes from package.
    Database size: 32GB
    SSD: 128GB (25GB of free space)
    I had made like 8 custom stats and noticed that they have total runtime higher than the rest (average: 600k, custom: 1.5k)

A more complex definition will take more time than a simple one.

Your log file shows that this:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCa ddyDefinitions\HM.3BP.CB-FvR-AceFlop.n2d.

Is bad. Try reinstalling the package. There might be some other definitions that are corrupted.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    [B] Others with similar amounts of ram have had good results with these settings:

Code:
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" /> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />
    can you tell me some small details about what this does exactly? This is putting a total ramcap of 500mb instead of 350 and then 0 more ram per each million hands?
    Sorry if I misunderstood this totally..
    I have 32GB ram and a database of around 10 million hands. What you think will be optimal for me ?

Quote Originally Posted by StonedShisha View Post
    can you tell me some small details about what this does exactly? This is putting a total ramcap of 500mb instead of 350 and then 0 more ram per each million hands?
    Sorry if I misunderstood this totally..
    I have 32GB ram and a database of around 10 million hands. What you think will be optimal for me ?
    Yes, that is exactly what it does. With that much RAM and that big of a database I would try the max values of 2100000000/840

How many of those 10mil hands are hero hands? These settings only affect the hero/alias. I am investigating how/if we can improve the performance for people with huge databases and small hero hand counts today actually.

Yes, that is exactly what it does. With that much RAM and that big of a database I would try the max values of 2100000000/840

How many of those 10mil hands are hero hands? These settings only affect the hero/alias. I am investigating how/if we can improve the performance for people with huge databases and small hero hand counts today actually.

Only a small amount is hero hands.. I guess like 1-2 mill
    SHould I still go with those settings? that is 2.1GB ram or 21?

also please update here after you are done with your experiments. thanks

Yes, with 1mil+ hands I would try the max values and if it doesn't help or causes problems try working your way down. The optimal settings for these values are system and database specific so finding the best combination will require some trial and error.

The thread that I will be posting my test results in will be this thread - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...lp-needed.html

I already started testing it last week but had to put it on hold for other tasks but I will be resuming it this afternoon (and will likely bleed thru over into the weekend) and discussing it internally. It will likely be some time before anything is posted publicly about my testing results and what, if anything, we plan to do for it going forward. Once I am done with my testing we will have to have other internal testers duplicate my results, then have the developers see if there is anything that can be done and provide us with test builds of their proposed solutions for these unusual scenarios and work back and forth to find the best solution.

ok I see. thanks

but hey just to be clear:
    2100000000 that u recommended is 2.1gb right?

Yes 2.1 GB.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

so if only the hero hands affects do I need the 840 per million hands anyway?

Ive tried to set these settings now that u said, the maximum ones. I didnt notice any more ram reserved when I open holdemmanager and observe in taskmanager. Id expect it to use more ram there then normally?

Quote Originally Posted by StonedShisha View Post
    so if only the hero hands affects do I need the 840 per million hands anyway?

Ive tried to set these settings now that u said, the maximum ones. I didnt notice any more ram reserved when I open holdemmanager and observe in taskmanager. Id expect it to use more ram there then normally?
    It should definitely be using more RAM with those values when loading the hands into memory if you have 1+ million hero hands compared to the unedited config file using default values. You didn't notice any difference in the amount of RAM used? If you create an alias and add a bunch of non-hero screen names with lots of hands to your alias does it use more RAM? Does it help improve the performance when it is using more RAM? There is more information about these values and how they work and how we are looking to improve them even further in this thread.

What exactly are the problems you are having? You came into this thread asking about what the values do but you did not describe the problems you are having.

Are you using NoteCaddy Premium? If yes, do you use any addon coaching packages?

Are you having performance problems with the HUD/tables when playing? Or problems with the HM2 GUI/Replayer when reviewing?

Here is a screen shot of my test database with a 1 million hand hero alias using a default unedited config and using the max values - New Playlist(228) - fozzy71's library