Preload ZOOM question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preload ZOOM question

When I do this and check my taskmanager HM2 goes from 400Mb to 3500Mg then down to 400-500Mb and it keeps going like this.
    I have a very big DB, why does it not continue to use more memory why does it drop after a while?

If I would not use the preload function, when I have faced all the players in the player pool would all the badges be loaded into memory like if I had used the preload function?

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by melles View Post
    When I do this and check my taskmanager HM2 goes from 400Mb to 3500Mg then down to 400-500Mb and it keeps going like this.
    I have a very big DB, why does it not continue to use more memory why does it drop after a while?
    It's moving them to your swap file. It doesn't matter how much memory you have. If a single application uses too much of it then its performance will degrade.

If I would not use the preload function, when I have faced all the players in the player pool would all the badges be loaded into memory like if I had used the preload function?
    yes but it will take time
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

It's moving them to your swap file. It doesn't matter how much memory you have. If a single application uses too much of it then its performance will degrade.
    What does this mean, is this normal or is my DB to big for my RAM so when I see a drop down to 400Mb it flushes everything it have already read into memory?
    I have 16GB RAM I heard that you can remove the RAM-cap in HM2 http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...r-notes-2.html will that help?

yes but it will take time
    Yea, I understand that.
    But lets say I get dealt a hand and player X shows up in that hand will player X badges be loaded into memory.
    Or is it possible I get dealt a hand with player X but HM2 didn't load the player badges into memory because it didn't have time.
    Because I did a test and a badge that true all the time and 50% of the players don't have that badge (I didn't preload it takes 25min for me).

No direction but to trust the final destination

What does this mean, is this normal or is my DB to big for my RAM so when I see a drop down to 400Mb it flushes everything it have already read into memory?
    This is windows internal workings and I don't know every detail about why it does everything it does when it does it

I have 16GB RAM I heard that you can remove the RAM-cap in HM2 http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...r-notes-2.html will that help?
    Maybe. Try it and let me know

Yea, I understand that.
    But lets say I get dealt a hand and player X shows up in that hand will player X badges be loaded into memory.
    Or is it possible I get dealt a hand with player X but HM2 didn't load the player badges into memory because it didn't have time.
    Because I did a test and a badge that true all the time and 50% of the players don't have that badge (I didn't preload it takes 25min for me).
    There will be at least a 1 hand delay - possibly more
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Ask Fozzy or send me on 2+2 (FR-Nit) or on Tiltbuster (karstenkloss) a message (can't send messages here for whatever reason) and i will submit you the instructions for removing the cap. With 16 GB RAM you definetly want to remove the CAP. At me this made a huge difference.

Ask Fozzy or send me on 2+2 (FR-Nit) or on Tiltbuster (karstenkloss) a message (can't send messages here for whatever reason) and i will submit you the instructions for removing the cap. With 16 GB RAM you definetly want to remove the CAP. At me this made a huge difference.
    Thanks
    Private message sent on 2+2

I tried the RAM-CAP but still when I preload which takes around 20-30min HM HUD frezze and it doesn't update when the preload is done.
    Same thing happens before I removed the RAM-CAP.
    My DB 2.7 mil hands in it and lots of badges.

Because it takes 30min to preload should I increase Cached note timeout to at least 30min?

There will be at least a 1 hand delay - possibly more
    Possibly a lot more, after 750 hands on Zoom very few have all the badges loaded.

Is there any solution to this to make it work?
    Would it be possible to make the preload load the 200-300 players that's actually playing Zoom instead of loading all the players in the DB that's a lot of players in a DB of 2.7 mil hands.

Banned

Is there any solution to this to make it work?
    Not a miracle solution. Every system has it's limits and you've reached those.

Three solutions:

- Smaller database;
    - Less definitions;
    - Better PC.

Because it takes 30min to preload should I increase Cached note timeout to at least 30min?
    No

Would it be possible to make the preload load the 200-300 players that's actually playing Zoom instead of loading all the players in the DB that's a lot of players in a DB of 2.7 mil hands.
    No.
    Last edited by HossendeHaai; 10-01-2013 at 09:42 AM.

- Smaller database;
    Cant really use a smaller DB I guess there a lot of people out there with more than a 2.7 mil DB

- Less definitions;
    How many definitions can you have with a good PC and still expect it to work?
    Less definitions is a very broad estimate I have no clue how many definitions that is 100? 500? 1000? 2000?

How big of an impact does the amount of definitions have?

Does it matter how many badges you have? or is it only the amount of definitions that matter?

- Better PC.
    This is my computer
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K
    Ram: 16GB
    OS and HM2 on Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256GB
    Postgres and my DB on Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512GB

Postgres setting
    shared_buffers = 512MB
    effective_cache_size = 2048MB

RAM-cap on HM2 removed but it didn't help.

Banned

Cant really use a smaller DB I guess there a lot of people out there with more than a 2.7 mil DB
    You can't have everything, as of that you have to give up on your desired setup in some aspect.

How many definitions can you have with a good PC and still expect it to work?
    Less definitions is a very broad estimate I have no clue how many definitions that is 100? 500? 1000? 2000?

How big of an impact does the amount of definitions have?

Does it matter how many badges you have? or is it only the amount of definitions that matter?
    Impossible to answer as there are too many variables. I.e. # of hands, type of hands, complexity of the definitions etc. etc. Trial and error is the only thing you can do here.

PC seems fine.