River Call Efficiency

Default River Call Efficiency

Hi,

Ive got some questions about doing some DB analysis and would like some help on this stat.

Firstly, this stat is how much I get back for every dollar I call on the river, correct? Does this mean that a RCE of > 1 means I am making profitable river calls? Since most of the time on the river we will be getting 2-1 (assuming villain makes a PSB) then shouldnt a player with >50% W$SD be aiming for a RCE of > 2 ?

Secondly, when I run some filters the RCE turns to n/a even though it should be calculated. For example, I have added the (filter by actions) (river) Bet Call as well as some hand values (hand value OTF is TP/OP) and I get a bunch of "n/a" in the RCE field. Surely this is a situation where RCE should be calculated given that I am calling river (even though im b/c'ing)? Or does RCE only apply to situations where you simply flat call a bet and things like b/c and r/c are ignored?

Thirdly, how can I filter for EVERY situation where I have called the river regardless of whether its a b/c, a c/c, a r/c or simply a flat? Is there a simpler way than finding every possible scenario in the filter by actions tab and doing an 'OR' search?

I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and they will be in touch shortly to answer this.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Firstly, this stat is how much I get back for every dollar I call on the river, correct? Does this mean that a RCE of > 1 means I am making profitable river calls? Since most of the time on the river we will be getting 2-1 (assuming villain makes a PSB) then shouldnt a player with >50% W$SD be aiming for a RCE of > 2 ?
    River Call Efficiency shows you how much you win in a hand on average when you call - per dollar. If pot on river is $1.00 and opponent bets $1.00 and you call, you called $1.00 to win $2.00 in pot. If you win, river efficiency would show 2 here. If you lose, river efficiency shows 0 since you havent won anything by calling.

If you always faced PSB on river, then seeing River Efficiency at 2 would mean you won every time you called such bet.

If you face 1/2 PSB on river, and won every time you called, you would see River efficiency at 3. ( Call $1 to win $3)

Secondly, when I run some filters the RCE turns to n/a even though it should be calculated. For example, I have added the (filter by actions) (river) Bet Call as well as some hand values (hand value OTF is TP/OP) and I get a bunch of "n/a" in the RCE field. Surely this is a situation where RCE should be calculated given that I am calling river (even though im b/c'ing)? Or does RCE only apply to situations where you simply flat call a bet and things like b/c and r/c are ignored?
    Only Call and Check-Call situations are looked at for this stat.

Thirdly, how can I filter for EVERY situation where I have called the river regardless of whether its a b/c, a c/c, a r/c or simply a flat? Is there a simpler way than finding every possible scenario in the filter by actions tab and doing an 'OR' search?
    More Filters>Other Advanced Filters:

Facing Bet on River = True (To see all opportunities to call a bet)
    Saw Showdown = True (To see all hands where you saw showdown)
    River Raise = False (To exclude hands where you raised instead of called to see showdown)

This should show you all hands that are used for River Efficiency stat.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Hello
    Can u explain, how to count RCE for 3 hands?
    we have:

1. bank on river 10.98$, called bet 5.19$ loosed
    2. bank on river 4.42$, called bet 3.22$ loosed
    3. bank on river 6.44$, called bet 3.05$ win

HM shouw RCE 0.83 for this 3 hands. How can we get this RCE value?

Quote Originally Posted by nearr View Post
    Hello
    Can u explain, how to count RCE for 3 hands?
    we have:

1. bank on river 10.98$, called bet 5.19$ loosed
    2. bank on river 4.42$, called bet 3.22$ loosed
    3. bank on river 6.44$, called bet 3.05$ win

HM shouw RCE 0.83 for this 3 hands. How can we get this RCE value?
    Are you asking about HM2 or HM3? HM2 is no longer supported. If you think the RCE is wrong for one of those 3 hands, or all 3 of those hands, then you need to send us the original hand history files for those tables/sessions with screenshots/details of the issues as instructed at the end of this guide.

About HM2, but Hm3 RCE has different formula?
    I'm just trying to understand how to count it, using only this 3 hands. I dont think wrong or correct this value. For only one hand - i see how to get RCE, but for 3 hands - can't understand, when we have loosing hands

Quote Originally Posted by nearr View Post
    About HM2, but Hm3 RCE has different formula?
    I'm just trying to understand how to count it, using only this 3 hands. I dont think wrong or correct this value. For only one hand - i see how to get RCE, but for 3 hands - can't understand, when we have loosing hands
    I am not sure if the formula has changed and I am not sure myself how to calculate it either. If you send us the hands in a support ticket with screenshots/details of your problems and/or questions then I can forward it to our QA/Testing Manager for review and testing.

Note: We have an open HM3 developer request to re-code how this stat is calculated to try and make it easier to understand but that is a big project and I am not sure when it might be worked on for HM3.

If we look at post bu Random, i write all terms we need to calculate RCE.
    He wrote we need bet size, pot on river, and we loose or win.

"River Call Efficiency shows you how much you win in a hand on average when you call - per dollar. If pot on river is $1.00 and opponent bets $1.00 and you call, you called $1.00 to win $2.00 in pot. If you win, river efficiency would show 2 here. If you lose, river efficiency shows 0 since you havent won anything by calling.

If you always faced PSB on river, then seeing River Efficiency at 2 would mean you won every time you called such bet.

If you face 1/2 PSB on river, and won every time you called, you would see River efficiency at 3. ( Call $1 to win $3)" (c)

im trying to understand, how to count this part if we have more than 1 hand, and some hands won, some loosed
    Last edited by nearr; 07-13-2022 at 04:36 PM.

If you want me to forward your question to Random, to review and answer, you need to send us the hands, question(s), and screenshots as instructed in the link I posted in my previous reply.