Import hands from Outlook (Microsoft) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On PC#1--> make sure it uploads (or synchronizes) the archive folder to a cloud (Dropbox), or for example sync it with SkyDrive for Windows (this was formerly called Microsoft Mesh) to a folder called 'C:/HMArchive2-PC1

On PC#2 add this C:/HMArchive2-PC1 as an auto import folder

On PC#2 --> make sure it uploads (or synchronizes) the archive folder to a cloud (Dropbox), or for example sync it with SkyDrive for Windows (this was formerly called Microsoft Mesh) to a folder called 'C:/HMArchive2-PC2

On PC#1 add this C:/HMArchive2-PC2 as an auto import folder

---

Alternatively just use your external drive.... and once a week copy the C:/HM2Archive of both computers to the external drive.
    Then on PC#1--> import PC#2's archive folder and vice versa.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Holy Dropbox Batman.......

No idea what a cloud (Dropbox) is? No idea what skydrive is, no idea what Microsoft Mesh is.

Told you I was a computer idiot.

I'm googling!!!!!!!

Have found "dropbox". Downloading it now.

Stand by!

Sorry...I'm just reading about this "cloud" release you have. Would I just be better to do that? I'm syncing my PC1 with a drop box now, but I'm not sure about memory. It has 2gb.

I know you're going to be selling Cloud and may have a bias opinion, but what is my best option here?

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Sorry...I'm just reading about this "cloud" release you have. Would I just be better to do that? I'm syncing my PC1 with a drop box now, but I'm not sure about memory. It has 2gb.

I know you're going to be selling Cloud and may have a bias opinion, but what is my best option here?
    HM Cloud is a standalone program in private alpha testing. It can't sync with HM2 at this time. At some point in the future we hope to have a way to sync the HM Cloud database/hands to your HM2 program but there is no ETA for when that will be implemented.

HM2 has a beta feature called HM Sync that allows you to sync your hands between 2 computers that have HM2 installed. It can not sync player/hand notes. It has a few known issues with inaccurate syncing of hands and tournament results so we are looking at re-working the sync process with code from our new HM Cloud alpha program.

The best way to be sure your results and hand counts on each computer are the same at this time is to use the dropbox method of archiving the original hands then import them to each computer. Then when you change from computer to computer you can just import the most recent hands from the archive that were played on the other computer since the last time you played on the current computer.

ok...syncing tower......60 hours? Is that normal? I have 30+ to go...then I have to do my laptop?

It's 10x faster, if -instead of using Sync- you just copy the handhistory files to the other computer--> then import then in HM2: hand importing--> import from folder.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

LOL....????

Don't I have to sync to the dropbox I just created?

I've downloaded hands to the laptop.

Just waiting for 2 days now for it "creating notes"

23 hours left for Tower sync.

Am I not understanding something here?

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    LOL....????

Don't I have to sync to the dropbox I just created?

I've downloaded hands to the laptop.

Just waiting for 2 days now for it "creating notes"

23 hours left for Tower sync.

Am I not understanding something here?
    I think the confusion is just the terminology you are using. When you said Sync we assumed you were referring to HM Sync not the dropbox Sync. The speed of the dropbox sync is controlled by your internet connection speed. There is nothing we can do to speed that up for you.

The creating notes is NoteCaddy and that speed is dependent on your computer specs and the number of definitions you use. If you only have NoteCaddy basic and don't use NoteCaddy regularly in your HUD for decision making you can disable it in the HUD Settings > HUD Designer > [ ] Show Caddy Notes

If you use NoteCaddy Premium or want to continue using the Basic version and try to speed up the note creation speed please see this FAQ - NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

I think I'm lost.

I can't use Skydrive as it says its for Windows 8, I have 7.

I downloaded "dropbox"

I am now exporting my Database to it which is located at C\Users\Jim\Dropbox

I'm assuming that I use this location for what you said above.
    But change the HMArchive2 file to the User\Jim\Dropbox????

"On PC#1--> make sure it uploads (or synchronizes) the archive folder to a cloud (Dropbox), or for example sync it with SkyDrive for Windows (this was formerly called Microsoft Mesh) to a folder called 'C:/HMArchive2-PC1

On PC#2 add this C:/HMArchive2-PC1 as an auto import folder

On PC#2 --> make sure it uploads (or synchronizes) the archive folder to a cloud (Dropbox), or for example sync it with SkyDrive for Windows (this was formerly called Microsoft Mesh) to a folder called 'C:/HMArchive2-PC2

On PC#1 add this C:/HMArchive2-PC2 as an auto import folder