New to NC - when I try to change something nothing seems to happen

Default New to NC - when I try to change something nothing seems to happen

Hello there

When I try to change something nothing seems to happen.

Implicit strength/weakness is always activated, whether I have it selected or not.

When I try to make an abbreviation, like "OESD" in stead of "Open ended straight draw", it still keeps showing it as "open ended straight draw" in the notecaddy popup.

I also tried to make some changes as an experiment for a note definition, but also again nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks

Banned

All the changes in your post require resetting your notes:: How to reset NoteCaddy notes - Assaultware Wiki. Did you do this?

No I did not reset my notes. It says if I reset my notes "Warning. This will delete all notes generated by note caddy." What does that mean exactly? I don't want everything deleted...

I read "getting started with notecaddy". It recommends me to have "implicit strength/weakness" on. It doesn't say I need to reset my notes anywhere... So could you please explain further why I should be resetting my notes?

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by bopah91 View Post
    No I did not reset my notes. It says if I reset my notes "Warning. This will delete all notes generated by note caddy." What does that mean exactly? I don't want everything deleted...

I read "getting started with notecaddy". It recommends me to have "implicit strength/weakness" on. It doesn't say I need to reset my notes anywhere... So could you please explain further why I should be resetting my notes?
    so it regenerates the notes with the new settings you specified. In this case deleting is good since it's deleting what you don't want and replacing it with what you do
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Hmm so let me get this straight. If I do some changes in Notecaddy does that mean that I will only be able to see those changes if I play new hands? (Obviously I don't want to reset notes everytime)

(Sorry if you have trouble understanding me. I explain stuff pretty badly.)

No direction but to trust the final destination

If you change or create definitions you can use Pending Tasks as described in Best practices for creating NoteCaddy definitions - Assaultware Wiki

For any other settings change, it really depends. I've made a flowchart that you can refer to though

NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Okay thanks. And ye resetting the notes worked.