Time zone - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time zone

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin86 View Post
    It will be in version 1.13 right?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Have you also tried using the Options > Miscellaneous Options. Set Day Starts At
    Yes, I've always used that. With that, the "Today" filters work correctly but the "This Month/Last month" are always a day off. I start my Iron Man run on the last day of the month my time, because that is midnight on the first day of the month Full Tilt time, and I like to follow my monthly progress the majority of the time.

It's completely not a big deal, I just hoped this new option of offsetting the timestamp as is was imported would make it all normal.

With this new option you "manipulate" the datetime of the hand - this means the hand is displayed in your local time if you set it correctly.
    Set day starts at is still used for today filters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    So if your local time is 10am and for example full tilt servers time says 1pm then if you want any hands played after midnight your time to be counted as a new day then you need to offset the 3 hours difference and set your day start time to 9pm
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Have you also tried using the Options > Miscellaneous Options. Set Day Starts At
    Come on guys, why are you recommending a feature that has never worked? You know it doesn't work.

It can't be hard to fix this bug, so I don't understand why you don't. For those of us who actually care about this, it causes frustration every day. I've seen other posts about this in the forum, so I know I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by fredrik View Post
    I still have to choose "last 8 hours" to see the last 2 hours. If it's after 18:00 and I use the "today" filter, none of the hands I played earlier in the day shows up. If I choose "Specific month: September" (for example), I can see hands played in October. (The last hand is timestamped 11:59, which means that I played it at 05:59 on October 1). So the "day starts at" setting is still useless. I think it would actually be better to remove it completely than to leave it like this.
    It can't be too hard to work this out. I'm in Sweden. That's 6 hours ahead of server time. In other words, my day starts at 18:00. So when I set a filter to show hands between times t1 and t2, it should show me hands with time stamps between t1-6h and t2-6h.

I think that if the "day starts at" a time between 0:00 and 06:00, you're supposed to add a few hours instead, because otherwise you're on the wrong day. I don't know for sure if you should add 7 or subtract 17 when the day starts at 07:00 (New Zealand). I think you should probably subtract 17. (This assumes that they're 2 h ahead of eastern Australia and not 22 h behind).

You could make things easier for yourself by replacing "my day starts at" with "I'm this many hours ahead of coordinated universal time". See this web site. (You should probably make -5 the default). If the users type in the numbers they're assigned by that map, the filter should match hands with time stamps between t1-5-x and t2-5-x, where x is the number they typed. This works for all time zones. You don't even have to worry about New Zealand since I'm sure they can figure out if they should type +12 or -12.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Options--> Adjust Site Import Times...

Honestly,.. I'm not sure if this fully works now.. but it definitely will soon.. (and requires a reimport of all your hands)
    I'd rather not have HM rewrite the hand histories, and I'd rather not do an export/import of all my hands. Why not just fix the "day starts at" feature?
    Last edited by fredrik; 03-05-2010 at 04:01 AM.