Loading Hands CAP

Default Loading Hands CAP

Hello there, many months have passed since the launch of HM2.

Many of us have requested this feature with urgency but till now nothing.

Although i like the program and use it fairly easily, there's one big problem since the beginning and it's related to the amount of hands of the hero player that are loaded when we begin the program.

I have something like 2 millions hands and i know that we can choose another player with less hands, but i just would like to have a cap option to hero hands.

The main issue with loading all the hands is that my computer(and I think even more advanced setups) can't handle the pre-loading hands for the hero and it becomes to slow and unresponsive while playing.

I just want to start the program, use the hud, and see my results in the active session tab in the end.

The default and minimum Static (ProcessWorkingSetBase) memory cap is set to 350mb and the default Dynamic (ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount) is set to 400mb per 1mil hands.

The base/static cap is set to 350mb and Dynamic cap is 400mb per 1mil hands if you don't edit the config file. These values are hard-coded into the program and are not part of the config file by default. If you want to edit these values you need to add the code below to your config file and make changes from the default values.

The base/static cap can not currently be set any lower than 350mb regardless of how you edit the config file but it can be increased above 350. The Dynamic cap per hand can be changed to 0 making it effectively a static cap or increased above 400mb per 1 mil hands if you wanted.

Before you make any changes to your config file please copy/paste a copy to your desktop as a backup: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Leaving your config file alone is the same as putting in the following code:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" /> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="400" />

If you wanted to try smaller dynamic cap of say 200mb per 1 mil hands you would change it to:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="200" />

If you wanted to make it a static 350mb cap you would change it to this:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />

Editing the first line to less than '350' would have no effect on the base/static cap.

From there you could increase the static cap to 500mb without any dynamic per hand capping by changing the config to:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" /> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />

If you have any problems or make any incorrect edits to the config file you can delete the file and it will be recreated with all default values/settings. If you had any custom settings such as archive folders you can then copy them from the \Desktop copy you made earlier or just copy/paste the entire file from your \Desktop to replace the default or improperly edited file in the \HoldemManager folder.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I just want that the program to load my last 10 000 hands.

I found a feature request ticket on this HM-3326. I've added your email address to the ticket.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here