Laptop broke trying to activate HM2 on another laptop

Unhappy Laptop broke trying to activate HM2 on another laptop

Hi all
    My laptop keeps switching itself off so I am trying to use another laptop that I have. Installed the software, logged into HM2 and tried to activate it as a 2nd computer but no luck. So I reset the profiles and tried to activate it as the primary computer. Still no luck just says "This seriel number could not be used to unlock the software. Please try again"
    Can anyone help please

Is the second computer connected to the internet?
    Check its proxy settings:
    1) Open your Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and click on "LAN-Settings" at the bottom.
    2) Uncheck every box in the small new menu and click ok.
    3) Try to register HM again.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus is on this laptop?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Hi Thanks for the reply
    The laptop is connected to the internet lol. I'm bad but not that bad. I have done all the above already apart from the UAC as I watched a video from HM2 which suggested them. The UAC was already set to bottom setting. I have Windows 7 and anti virus is Kaspersky and I disabled the firewall which also never worked. I am trying to register the software as primary computer now since I reset all profiles.
    I also checked HM2.exe and Hudfunc.exe and they are listed as safe in the anti virus. Any other suggestions?

This sounds like an issue with the windows user account. We need a reg.log to assess any further. This will contain sensitive information, so email it to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

- If your windows user name has any unique 'cyrillic characters' you may need to create a new windows user with a single EN-US name without any special characters.
    - Uninstall HM2 (and HM1 if it is installed)
    - Create a new windows user in the Control Panel > User Accounts. Make sure it is an Administrator account and has no unique characters in the name (only characters from EN Alphabet)
    - Reboot the PC

- Now Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic)*
    - Reinstall HM2 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe
    - and try to register again.
    - If that works, you can reboot, log in to your normal user, and test to make sure everything works before you delete the temporary user.

*You will need to show system and hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows785+

Please see this to transfer files to a different windows user:

How to transfer files from one user account to another user account on - Microsoft Community

Please try all the steps on this FAQ and send us a new reg.log file as described at the end if you still have problems -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Holdem+Manager
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

This sounds like an issue with the windows user account. We need a reg.log to assess any further. This will contain sensitive information, so email it to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

- If your windows user name has any unique 'cyrillic characters' you may need to create a new windows user with a single EN-US name without any special characters.
    - Uninstall HM2 (and HM1 if it is installed)
    - Create a new windows user in the Control Panel > User Accounts. Make sure it is an Administrator account and has no unique characters in the name (only characters from EN Alphabet)
    - Reboot the PC

- Now Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\ Holdem Manager 2.lic)*
    - Reinstall HM2 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe
    - and try to register again.
    - If that works, you can reboot, log in to your normal user, and test to make sure everything works before you delete the temporary user.

*You will need to show system and hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows785+

Please see this to transfer files to a different windows user:

How to transfer files from one user account to another user account on - Microsoft Community

Please try all the steps on this FAQ and send us a new reg.log file as described at the end if you still have problems -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Holdem+Manager
    Regards udbrky (Chris)