HEM not starting

Default HEM not starting

When I start my HEM the message "The following error occured when trying to open the database:Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" After I hit ok a few times the install PostgreSQL blue screen come up. When I hit the connect button, the message can not connect comes up & asked if I would like to attempt to start the service. When I click the yes button Hem says "HEM has stared the service & Please try again." After clicking ok it goes back to the blue PostgreSQL screen.

I have installed the latest patch, How do I fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcharlie View Post
    When I start my HEM the message "The following error occured when trying to open the database:Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" After I hit ok a few times the install PostgreSQL blue screen come up. When I hit the connect button, the message can not connect comes up & asked if I would like to attempt to start the service. When I click the yes button Hem says "HEM has stared the service & Please try again." After clicking ok it goes back to the blue PostgreSQL screen.

I have installed the latest patch, How do I fix this problem?
    I'm having the exact same problem.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL
    Ok I tried the start and stop service & that did not work. So I uninstall-ed postgresql, when reinstalling it, during the service configuration screen, it asked for the password. I forgot/lost my old password how do I proceed with this step?

This has not help me, I reinstalled the postgresql and I still get the cannot connect message. How can I fix this asap?

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here