Corrupt HUD

Thread: Corrupt HUD

Banned

Exclamation Corrupt HUD

I got this weird message just now, without anything strange happening before:
    1.png

Reading that message I expected a little work to be lost, instead all Pop-ups are now messed up:
    2.png

How to solve this? My Pop-ups are hours of work, and the last thing I expected was that all Pop-ups would get messed up at once (even Pop-ups not active nor changed in the last month), so I have no back-up. Also I just noticed that the automated HM2 backup of the pop-ups is dated 1-6-2013, so that isn't of any use either. As of this I'm fine with resetting my HUD settings, but loosing the Pop-ups is not a viable option.

I attached the new and corrupt prefs.xml file and one Popup-file.

Edit: I wanted to play so I backupped all files, reset my HUD + Popups and tried using one of the old popups. Didn't help. How is it possible that HM2 corrupts all Popups, also ones that aren't used or edited (that wouldn't be good either, but I could understand)? How to restore the Popups (there are ~ 40 with ~ 20 stats each, I don't even wanna do the math to calculate the time needed to recreate them)?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HossendeHaai; 07-12-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Tried reset

Your popup is definitely corrupt. I added it to my popups, but the .popup file doesn't contain any code.
    We have no bugtickets (nor have I ever seen this) on popup corruptions.

Check your
    -C:/Program Files(x86)/HoldemManager2/Config and
    -C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config folder if there are any old popups that aren't corrupt.
    Just open them with Notepad.

They should look like: (see screenshot)

popup.JPG
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Banned

We have no bugtickets (nor have I ever seen this) on popup corruptions.
    You should make one right away. The popups take the most time to costumize of whole HM2. This is srsly gonna cost me 40 hours+ to rebuild. It's totally unaccaptable that this happens. This can never be a user fault, as there should be no way to corrupt a popup even if you intended to, let alone ALL pop-ups at once.

Check your
    -C:/Program Files(x86)/HoldemManager2/Config and
    -C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config folder if there are any old popups that aren't corrupt.
    Just open them with Notepad.

They should look like: (see screenshot)
    Great that I know what they should look like now, the problem is they don't. How can such a simple file as popups go corrupt (ALL of them!)? Why can you restore the HUD settings and not the popups? This is the world upside down as the pop-up settings are way more time-intensive then the HUD settings. If there's a risk they go corrupt why doesn't HM2 auto-backup them every X session / days? You could learn a lesson from NoteCaddy, that back-ups all definitions every session. The pop-up files are small enough to make this viable.
    Last edited by HossendeHaai; 07-13-2013 at 02:43 PM.

This was written up in october but never implemented.
    Feature Request ticket HM-5883: Feature: Autosaving "restore point" on HM closing. (backing up: Config, HUDs, popups, columns in reports, etc.)

I've added your email address to the ticket, added this thread to the ticket, and emailed HM TECH and HM TESTERS on the urgency of this with this thread.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Have you created any recent BACKUP of your database?

Please make regular backups when you spend a lot of time on creating your own popups or anything else, not just in HM2. You can use HM2 Database backup that also includes HUD settings to save your custom hud popups.