SNGs - investigating profitable plays.

Default SNGs - investigating profitable plays.

I would like to quickly be able to see which players are earning the most chips in certain positions/stack sizes. I'm a SNG player. Is this possible?

Also is it possible to drill down to see our $EV for particular hands or situations? For example, looking at the profitability of shoving ATC with 5bb from the SB.

Combining these two ideas would be very powerful for SNG players.

Chips won per position is not possible.
    It it possible based on stacksize, if you add winnings (in chips) as a stat to your HUD, and use a stacksize filter (hud options--> tournament HUD filters)

EV for particular hands: go to reports--> use more filters to setup:
    -preflop allin
    -position SB
    -stacksize 5bb
    Then go to any of the reports (or the graph report) to see if this is a profitable play
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    EV for particular hands: go to reports--> use more filters to setup:
    -preflop allin
    -position SB
    -stacksize 5bb
    Then go to any of the reports (or the graph report) to see if this is a profitable play
    Thanks, I'd have to individually select each player and load their hands? So running this for Hero seems easy, but it wouldn't be easy to see which players are earning the most?

I don't really understand the report. So I won -26k chips with an EV of -7k chips. The bb/100 and EV bb/100, seem to make sense. How is the net winnings $ positive? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Screenshot - 2013_06_26 , 11_54_28 PM.jpg

Chips won per position actually is also possible, if you run the positions report.

But... yes, you'd have to individually select each player and loads their hands.

--

Which report are you running?
    Some stats aren't in chips, but are winnings in tournament buyins / $.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I believe that was the 'Overall' tab in the reports sections for tournaments. I added some stats. There appears to be no EV equivalent to 'Net winnings $'. This is surely quite simple mathematically?

I don't understand how the 'Net Winnings $' is so high unless it's referring to the amount I actually won from the games for placing ICM, which is obv useless given the context of the question I'm asking.

The winnings graph makes even less sense to me given shoving is -cEV (well not compared to folding), but still we expect the Net Winnings to be < 0? Also the graph should fluctuate much more given we are flipping a lot in these situations.

SB shoves.png

Net Winnings is $ you win from the tournament. It doesn't sound like you want to use this stat for this.

Add the EV Chips stat in All-In Equity

Use the graph button on the far right to see the chips w/L graph. Choose the chips won stat.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSized View Post

I don't understand how the 'Net Winnings $' is so high unless it's referring to the amount I actually won from the games for placing ICM, which is obv useless given the context of the question I'm asking.

SB shoves.png

When you push in the SB---> most of the time the BB will fold and you win the hand.
    In your graph, the "All-EV" line is only based on the hands when you were called.

Try running two reports:
    -1 when there was no showdown
    -2 when there was a showdown (i.e. your all-in was called)