trackerbase.net / PostgreSQL hosting for poker players!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default trackerbase.net / PostgreSQL hosting for poker players!

trackerbase.net is providing PostgreSQL databases which you can access from everywhere on the net.

For you that means:
    • No more need to sync your database between your laptop and desktop, because you access the same database from every computer you play on.
    • No more worries about backups, because we do them for you.
    • Some people will realize a speedup on their home computer, because PostgeSQL server isn't taking all the memory.

Of course you can import your already existing data into our database. We provide a simple tool for that, which makes that step really easy.

With this service you can get rid of your local PostgreSQL installation.
    Save the the time and energy, you spend on dealing with your database, to do what you love most: To play poker!

You can find more information on our websites howto and faq. If you have any further questions, contact our support or leave a posting here.

14-days free, no strings attached.
    try it out

Is anyone using this service?

Banned

I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.

May I ask why?

I totally see that you might not want to put your hand history in the hand of a 3rd party. Everyone has to make up his mind about the convenience and security/privacy trade-off. The only thing I can do is to tell you, that we do not use your data. We don't touch it besides making backups.

You can believe us and trust us on that part or you can decide not to trust us and deal with the inconvenience of a local database.

It is pretty much the same as using a email service provider and not setting up your own mail server.
    Last edited by no luck involved; 02-28-2011 at 07:17 AM.

If you use SSDs this might get interesting

----------

this guy puts his name and mailing address on the contact page. Haven't seen that in the poker business before. I like the email comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by lonelycube View Post
    Wouldn't make a difference. The internet connection is going to be far slower than even a slow 5400rpm mechanical drive, let alone an SSD.

SSD's?

@Verteran68: with SSDs the setup MIGHT have chance to work. but I doubt it. Too much drawbacks (slowness) anyway for the single benefit of having a database handy if you mainly use a desktop and occasionally a laptop. The only REAL use would be if you want to share a database. but this is not allowed during play. so not an option for me but it doesnt say anything about the quality of the service. havent tried it either and not going to.

this guy puts his name and mailing address on the contact page. Haven't seen that in the poker business before. I like the email comparison!
    German law requires to put a mailing address on the website. And since the company is located in Germany,...

Regarding to speed: Everyone saying that this is going to be way to slow, should try it out first and make a statement afterwards. There are people using this successfully and I heard no complains about speed so far.