Fails to import entire ongame session

Default Fails to import entire ongame session

Hi,

I have beta 16, HEM usually works ok, however some days, it wont import an entire session, or i'll be 4-6 tabling for 2 hours and it will import 16 hands or something ridiculous.

Any tips on what to do? New HEM database and new ongame client database, instructions how?

Quote Originally Posted by piv View Post
    Hi,

I have beta 16, HEM usually works ok, however some days, it wont import an entire session, or i'll be 4-6 tabling for 2 hours and it will import 16 hands or something ridiculous.

Any tips on what to do? New HEM database and new ongame client database, instructions how?
    Hi,

Try those steps and tell me if it works

If you experience this problem then close down HM and your ongame client and do the following:

1) rename the ongame DB to something else so that the ongame client recreates a new one. A smaller DB will have less of these problems
    2) Open holdemmanager.config from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and look for OngameDBDelay. Change the value from 15 to say 30 or 60. The longer you set this the less frequently HM will try to import hands. That # is the number of seconds.

The problem is that when ongame is writing hand info to the DB it frequently fails when another program is querying the DB. This causes corrupt hand info in the DB. What they should be doing is retrying on a failure (like Prima does for their SQLite DB) but they are not so if you play a bunch of tables then the chances of missing hands is higher since you are more likely to be reading from the DB while ongame tries to write to the DB. By setting this # much higher you make this much less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Al1 View Post
    Hi,

Try those steps and tell me if it works

If you experience this problem then close down HM and your ongame client and do the following:

1) rename the ongame DB to something else so that the ongame client recreates a new one. A smaller DB will have less of these problems
    2) Open holdemmanager.config from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and look for OngameDBDelay. Change the value from 15 to say 30 or 60. The longer you set this the less frequently HM will try to import hands. That # is the number of seconds.

The problem is that when ongame is writing hand info to the DB it frequently fails when another program is querying the DB. This causes corrupt hand info in the DB. What they should be doing is retrying on a failure (like Prima does for their SQLite DB) but they are not so if you play a bunch of tables then the chances of missing hands is higher since you are more likely to be reading from the DB while ongame tries to write to the DB. By setting this # much higher you make this much less likely.
    Ok that's the answer you're giving everytime but my database is brand new and i already changed the value to 60 in the config file ... it doesn't change anything ... i've got so many missing hands that's cracking me up!!

Any other idea ?
    There are so many people having the same issue, i hope there will be a new beta release soon solving this out.
    I definitely had less missing hands imported with PT2 than now with HM so somehow it can't only be an issue with the onGame software.
    Last edited by Burgerxxl; 11-14-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgerxxl View Post
    Ok that's the answer you're giving everytime but my database is brand new and i already changed the value to 60 in the config file ... it doesn't change anything ... i've got so many missing hands that's cracking me up!!

Any other idea ?
    There are so many people having the same issue, i hope there will be a new beta release soon solving this out.
    Can you create a new SQL DB and import some HHs which won't work with your current DB and tell me if it change something?

ok done, will post next time i have problems