Leak Buster for MTT & SnG's

View Poll Results: Should they make a LEAK BUSTER for MTT's and SnG's?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%

Lightbulb Leak Buster for MTT & SnG's

Hello good people,

I think the idea of Leak Buster is brilliant, improving your game, we all have leaks, i know i sure do.
    However, i do not play cash games (well very rarely).
    They should make a Leak Buster for Multi Table Tournaments and (Multi Table) Sit 'n Go's.
    I would definitely buy the software.
    Lots and lots of people play small or medium Sit n Go's at low and medium stakes.
    So there is a market for it. Leak Buster, if it is accurate, should be one of the most important and most valued of all tools.
    Because you cannot control the cards and playing good is mostly the lack of errors (and enforcing them on others).

Sincerely, The Pain Train

Banned

Nice first/double post... well done.

Btw, this ain't gonna happen.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by The Minder View Post
    Nice first/double post... well done.

Btw, this ain't gonna happen.
    Well, i discovered Tourney Manager later. My question was really, and honoustly for HEM. Later i found TM through google, was confused, and decided to post this there as well.
    But i do appologize, since you are correct and it IS a double post.
    I heared rumours about TM merging in HEM, sounded very interresting.
    "This ain't gonna happen"????
    What do you know about there plans? No seriously?
    And what do you kow about peoples views about this?
    And why? Give a reason, give constructive critisism.
    A fact is that it IS a good idea, UNLESS TM already as a trainer build in, or HEM for MTT's/SnG's.
    FACT: if you play MTT's or just SnG's it will profit you strongly to "bust" any leaks, to improve your game. Do you play only cashgames? Do you play MTT's but have a reason why you should improve in a different way?
    I have put more effort in my double post then you in your critisism.
    Please elaborate on your answer.

Banned

Cash games are very much about finding and plugging leaks and then exploiting strengths and weakness of opponents... at the SAME level. In this regard, apps like Leak Buster do a great job.

Tourneys are vastly different and the overriding factor in being successful at tournies is survivability. This is not something that a Leak Buster type product can analyse because in tournies you don't get a second chance. If you get hit just once by variance you're gone from the tourney. LB can't make sense of that, nor would I expect it to. In cash games, variance is an inconvenience that time will overcome. In tournies, variance is a 400 pound gorilla that doesn't take 'No' for an answer.

A far better option would be for HM to develop a decent report writer so that tourney players could perform their own analysis. But, as it stands now I really can't see LB making substantial inroads into tournies. Check this out http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...ment-regs.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Minder View Post
    This is not something that a Leak Buster type product can analyse because in tourneys you don't get a second chance.
    Well, yes and no. Yes if you're out you're out, however poker is long term, and if you play , for instance, lots of small SnG's, then correct-though different- play still gets rewarded. But it would need i completely different software, yes. And indeed also focused on how well you survive, as well as things as ITM, 1st, 2nd, 3rd places etc. If it is not important then there is also no need for you to analyze those stats yourself. But maybe for now its to hard/expensive to develop something like that.
    Btw if its a huge tourney you don't often buy in for -expensive- then yes, that's almost a lottery. I have cashed a few of those, don't play them anymore, but found that in those big ones not making mistakes was much more important then playing well. By which i mean is you can play very well for a very long time, with a very large stack, sometimes it only took one mistake/suck-out/very strong hand cracked by nuts to either take all your chips or set up your doom; losing most, forcing you to move in again. Of course i don't say you should not play well, or that its not important, just saying if you have luck and don't make mistakes, even if you don't play brilliant you often end up higher then if you play very well, have luck, BUT make mistakes. AND you'd need tons of luck of course.
    Thank you for your answer, i agree at least 90% with you.
    I still think extra software could help you, but if its realistic that such a software will ever be? A sorta trainer would be nice. Taking pieces of other software (of most popular/best of course). Like SnG Wizard i think it was called, focuses on end game. Would be good if you'd have a trainer for begin/middle/bubble/end, and how to deal with the variety of players (especially on low limits) sometimes a call with 77 is correct, against that loose player who pushes rag Aces, however against that guy who ships with at least a suited AK, if you follow the gap concept, only call with hands like JJ - QQ - KK -AA.
    Could use lots more. The thread you suggested i quickly read a few pages, some things interesting, some less.
    I still hope, in the future, we can have ONE very powerful tool (more expensive is no problem), like a Tourney Manager, Leak Buster AND SnG Wizard, all in 1.

Cheers m8
    Last edited by The Pain Train; 02-10-2011 at 06:22 PM.