NL6max Layout: Optimization - Page 2
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Why whenever I import a new layout or change mine does the original popup disappear from all my layouts (including and most annoyingly the default layout)?

Overall....

I like the simplistic approach of the color shading
    (definately meant this as a positive, I have tried to use different brightnesses of greens/blue and your color scheme proved to me even more, that "more" color doesnt mean better)
    Yep, that's very true.

The Limp call stat.....I would definately color code more....more to identify the type of limpy fish.
    I don't have set any color code to this stat yet. I like to check this stat to know if I can raise big for value a limper without inducing a fold. Also, I will probably avoid bluff-squeezing limpers if this stat his very high. I an currently experimenting ranges.

One thing that you need to add someplace.....is Check Raise stats....I dont use them enough that I put them in the stats on the table....but they definately need to be in one of the pop-ups....Not giving a habitual CRer more chances to blow you off a hand you're better served checking behind will adds some BB to your winrate.
    In the Aggression Popup.

Regarding the stats you have in your HUD on the table....
    The cold call stat.....I keep puting it on my hud, then taking it off....and then putting it back on.....
    I just either forget to look at it, or I dont find situations to reference that benefit.....Its probably just me not using it incorrectly....
    The questions I have is.....What situations are you referencing it, that make you want it visible? What other stats do you reference to help with given situations? and what are those situations?
    I am not an expert with the cold call stat (Call Open in HM), but I think it's strong information. It give you the range your opponent is cold calling you with. But this range is a little special because the oppoent's 3-bet range is generally removed from this one.
    Example:
    Imagine your opponent plays only this range against a raise: [22+, AJs+, AQo+, KQs], this range represent 8.9% of all hands.
    But you know he 3bets [JJ+, AKo+], which is equal to 3% of all hands.
    Thus here his cold call range will be [22-TT, AJs-AQs, KQs], which is equal to (8.9 - 3) = 5.9% and that's not the TOP 5.9% generally.

The other stats that I might suggest adding to the pop-ups
    Is Donk-bet....the way people react to DBs can be the opposite of the way they react to others (similar to blind battles and how people react differently)

I like having more than the simple donkbet stat in the popup (I like the raises and such included)......Its nice to have how an opponent reacts to a DB or reacts when you respond to their DB. (Donkbets tend to polarize how someone feels and reacts to them and its one of the few stats where a player will react differently than other stats indicate)
    Hey dude, donk bets are present in Cbet popup. I have make a particular effort to display donk stats. Are you sure my Hud is working on your computer?

The set of squeeze stats....to be honest....I just started referencing them, because I've seen ALOT of successful players have it on their hud.....
    I'd actually like someone to tell me how to you use it more effectively....lol...because I seem to spew chips around because of it.
    Honestly, this stats is useless for me. And more something which will induce a bad reaction in a given situation.

Overall, I like the organization of the pop-ups....I might go a step farther and trim a couple pop-ups down....and or...categorize them a bit more specifically...(what I mean is...making the pop-up tailored for each stat.)

Example:
    Instead of the default preflop pop-up on the 3Bet....I would like it to be a "trimmed down" pop-up......less is more.....the limp/call...call open....etc be removed....since when you are gonna reference the 3-Bet pop-up....its would be for things that have progressed in the hand.
    Tailor the pop up with info in mind of thinking "I am thinking about 3-bet or 4-bet....how does he react to those....give me info".....or......"He has 3Bet, what info do I want to know now"
    Yes, I have been this idea one time but never realize it because I have thought that if you need fastly for example an info about VPIP and 3bet, you will have to switch between popups and remember some stats because the last popup will be close.

The one thing I have found out about myself is, the more "to the point" I present the numbers to myself...the more I will use them (example: when I look at a pop up and it has a massive amount of info, sorting to the 20% that I am really looking can be time consuming....it might only be an extra 2 seconds....but its 2 seconds I could be processing the info and making the best decision....If I cant find the specific info fast....I generally wont make the attempt)
    I think also in this way, not too much stats displayed. That's how I have build this configuration. Do you think, there is too much stats?

Thx for your feedback.
    Last edited by Al1; 11-18-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craiggerz View Post
    Why whenever I import a new layout or change mine does the original popup disappear from all my layouts (including and most annoyingly the default layout)?
    What's your version?

Quote Originally Posted by Al1 View Post
    What's your version?
    I update it every time that I see a new release, I think I'm currently using RC3, and I'm about to update to the newest one.

Quote Originally Posted by craiggerz View Post
    I update it every time that I see a new release, I think I'm currently using RC3, and I'm about to update to the newest one.
    What do you mean by original popup exactly?
    I have noticed that when I import my HUD configuration, the popup of my first stat is not selected and I have to put it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Al1 View Post
    What do you mean by original popup exactly?
    I have noticed that when I import my HUD configuration, the popup of my first stat is not selected and I have to put it manually.
    Well the ones that show up when you hover work fine. But the one that pops-up when you click does not work. I think it's called "default"... it is the same as sample. Whenever I create a new layout the same thing happens, I create a new layout and then I go back to the default one and it no longer shows up. The only way I can get it to show up is to delete the pref file in my config folder and restart HM.

Craig, close down HM and look for the default_mainpopup.pop file and if thats present please delete that, then in Hud Options > Player Preferences make sure defaul is selected for Main Popup.

Quote Originally Posted by Al1
    I am not an expert with the cold call stat (Call Open in HM), but I think it's strong information. It give you the range your opponent is cold calling you with. For example, if you see a nit who only cold calls preflop with 3% of his hands, his range is something like [JJ+ AKo+]... Of course, the stat displayed in my hud is the overall cold call, for more informations, you have to check popups. But I like this information. Not you?
    Just though id mention that range might be slightly flawed, he may be 3betting hes monsters AA-JJ and AK and just calling with hands like 88-TT and AQ which would still be a very small range but not neccessarily the top of hes range. If hes 3betting 2.5% thats approx AA-JJ and AKs and you can be pretty sure a nits range wont include any bluffs then we can take this range out of hes cold calling range.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Just though id mention that range might be slightly flawed, he may be 3betting hes monsters AA-JJ and AK and just calling with hands like 88-TT and AQ which would still be a very small range but not neccessarily the top of hes range. If hes 3betting 2.5% thats approx AA-JJ and AKs and you can be pretty sure a nits range wont include any bluffs then we can take this range out of hes cold calling range.
    Exactly, furthermore, I know that! I don't know why I have wrote my example wihtout taking that in account. I will edit that fast.

Thx Morny

p.s.: Example correct?
    Last edited by Al1; 11-18-2008 at 11:11 AM.

it's working but under the big number, i see only numbers and i dont see the st, cf, w, 3b,ct,cc and lc words

Quote Originally Posted by new_draks View Post
    it's working but under the big number, i see only numbers and i dont see the st, cf, w, 3b,ct,cc and lc words
    Activate "Abbreviations", that's a little box in "HUD Options => Player Prefs" for the "nlsixmax"
    Last edited by Al1; 11-18-2008 at 11:21 AM.