Sample Size different
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Sample Size different

Hi,
    Just purchased LB and have been doing ALOT of reading.

Here is my very first question,
    I have about 2.5m hands (9max over the last 3 yr) in my HEM but when i run LB, sample size only show 250k hands.

I searched and read this but still not understanding it.

In Step 1, should i choose analysis option to "Analyze all my hands" and Data Type as "FULL RING"?

From my searched thread above, Leak Buster Supporter advised to set a filter

Appreciate someone can advise.
    Thx.
    Last edited by HEM2008; 01-16-2011 at 11:48 PM.

We really need a sticky for this since it's asked so often. Full ring it will only show if there are 7 or more players that table. 6-max, 5-6 players.

It takes those out because if you lump them in, they will not be accurate with the advice and ranges.

If you set a filter for these ranges in HM, you'll see LB and HM will match up for you.

Thx for the PROMPT reply.

If i understand you correctly, you are asking me to select "6-MAX" as Data Type?

Would this change the LB analysis as 6-max stat would be quite different form FR.
    ex. 18vpip would be considered tooo low for a 6-max but not on a FR.
    Wouldn't that confuse LB?

Appreciate if you can elaborate.

Thx again.

I was explaining why there's is a difference in hands (your first question). I guess I didn't fully understand your second question. It's still a little unclear what issue you're having, but I'll take anther shot.

If you want to run full ring from step 1, then when prompted you select analyze all hands, and then select full ring. The analysis is different whether 6-max or full ring is selected. There's also a manual here that might help you:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/leak...it-manual.html

Hi Leak,
    Thx for the link to the Manual, already read that.

Like i mentioned on my 1st post, my sample size (on LB) is different from my actual size on HEM.

This is what i did,
    LB>Leak Repair Guide>Run a complete Leak Analysis (steps2-7)>Analyze all my hands>full ring

After running Complete Analysis, i get about 250k hands sample size on LB when i actually have about 2.5m hands in HEM.
    Is this right?

I just want LB to match my actual data on HEM.

We really need a sticky for this since it's asked so often. Full ring it will only show if there are 7 or more players that table. 6-max, 5-6 players.

It takes those out because if you lump them in, they will not be accurate with the advice and ranges.

If you set a filter for these ranges in HM, you'll see LB and HM will match up for you.
    Appreciate if you can show step by step on how to do the right setup with "filter and ranges".

Thx in advance.

The reason that the sample size is about 250k is because that is the amount of full ring NL cash game hands that you have out of the 2.5m total hands that you have logged with HEM. The 2.5m could be a combination of 6 max and full ring games.

You need to set a filter in HEM to determine how many hands you have for full ring. In HEM, go to Reports / Filter / Edit / then set it for 7-10 players and run the filter. You should see that the number you come up with will be about 250k.
    Last edited by Brian A.; 01-17-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian A. View Post
    The reason that the sample size is about 250k is because that is the amount of full ring NL cash game hands that you have out of the 2.5m total hands that you have logged with HEM. The 2.5m could be a combination of 6 max and full ring games.

You need to set a filter in HEM to determine how many hands you have for full ring. In HEM, go to Reports / Filter / Edit / then set it for 7-10 players and run the filter. You should see that the number you come up with will be about 250k.
    Hi Brian,
    I don't play 6max, all my games are FR.

Any thoughts?

Did you set the filter in the reports section of HM? Set the filter to 7+ players.

How many hands show up in HM? This is no-limit correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post
    Did you set the filter in the reports section of HM? Set the filter to 7+ players.

How many hands show up in HM? This is no-limit correct?
    Before filter 2,672,306
    After filter 2,679,254
    Yes, these are no-limit games.

Thx.

So in your reports tab of HM, you have more hands selected after you set a filter, than before. That's impossible. Can you please post screenshots of what you have set as a filter, and what it shows in HM, and we'll try to solve your mystery.

Do you have a player selected in HM, and is this your correct alias? I honestly don't know exactly what you're doing, but I assure you there's no bug or issue in LB with hands. It's pulling the exact same data that HM has in it's database. So if it exists in HM, it exists in LB. I'm assuming you have some filter improperly set somewhere, but where, I don't know at this point.