Compare HM to PT3

Default Compare HM to PT3

As a long time PT2 user, I've been waiting and waiting for PT3 to be sufficiently stable and bug-free; I'm still waiting... I frequently check the PT3 Forum to see how things are going. As of Nov. 12th, it seems PT3 users are still confronted with a myriad of problems. I'm really anxious to upgrade to a tracking program that provides advanced features.

I'm looking for some input from HM users that have also tried PT3. How does HM compare/contrast with PT3? I have some specific questions below:

1) It looks like HM tracks 3-bet, 4-bet, 5-bet, etc. stats tracked separately. For PT3, I found this PT3 Forum thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    The 4 Bet stats include 4, 5, 6 bets and so on. So it might be slightly different than Raise 3 Bet. Other than that, there are no differences.
    So, in PT3 any bets above a reraise are lumped together!? I think it would be beneficial (and programatically easy?) to discreetly track 4, 5 & 6 bets. Does HM discreetly track 4, 5 & 6 bets?

3) Replayers - How do these compare? From what I can gather, PT3's Replayer is 'better'. What are some of the issues with HM Replayer? I'd like to edit player notes while in the Replayer, then transfer/auto update them to the poker clients player notes file. Can either program do this?

4) And, finally... Why would I choose HM over PT3?

The important features in a poker tracking program to me are:

1) Friendly and easy to use - Day in and day out will this program be easy and logical to use? Or, will it frustrate me?

2) Quality of Support - If I have a Support issue, feature request or would like some questions answered, which program responds best to it's users?

To me, the cost difference is insignificant.

As of 11/12/08, I've seen somewhere that HM has a major update coming. Is this true and what could I expect?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Fly fisher

Quote Originally Posted by fly fisher View Post
    As a long time PT2 user, I've been waiting and waiting for PT3 to be sufficiently stable and bug-free; I'm still waiting... I frequently check the PT3 Forum to see how things are going. As of Nov. 12th, it seems PT3 users are still confronted with a myriad of problems. I'm really anxious to upgrade to a tracking program that provides advanced features.

I'm looking for some input from HM users that have also tried PT3. How does HM compare/contrast with PT3? I have some specific questions below:

1) It looks like HM tracks 3-bet, 4-bet, 5-bet, etc. stats tracked separately. For PT3, I found this PT3 Forum thread...

So, in PT3 any bets above a reraise are lumped together!? I think it would be beneficial (and programatically easy?) to discreetly track 4, 5 & 6 bets. Does HM discreetly track 4, 5 & 6 bets?

3) Replayers - How do these compare? From what I can gather, PT3's Replayer is 'better'. What are some of the issues with HM Replayer? I'd like to edit player notes while in the Replayer, then transfer/auto update them to the poker clients player notes file. Can either program do this?

4) And, finally... Why would I choose HM over PT3?

The important features in a poker tracking program to me are:

1) Friendly and easy to use - Day in and day out will this program be easy and logical to use? Or, will it frustrate me?

2) Quality of Support - If I have a Support issue, feature request or would like some questions answered, which program responds best to it's users?

To me, the cost difference is insignificant.

As of 11/12/08, I've seen somewhere that HM has a major update coming. Is this true and what could I expect?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Fly fisher
    1) 3bet stat from HM are standart (like in PT3 I think). Don't worry about that. 3bet and 4bet stats in HM are for preflop. In PT3, you have also 3bet etc... for flop turn river or overall 3bet I believe. But honestly, only preflop matters because you can't really work with 3bet turn stats for example (re-re-raise turn) and deduce some conclusion.

4) HM is very stable, updates are very frequent (generally at least 1 per week or more), support assist your personnaly, the HUD is a MONSTER...

1) HM is very easy to use, graphically it's perhaps not as nice as PT3, but be sure HM is very powerful. Take 1 hour to dissect HM and ask any question on the forum if you don't understand something.

2) I have heard that HM support was the best in the world
    You can put your feature request here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/
    Last edited by Al1; 11-12-2008 at 03:25 PM.