HM Crashes on start up, tried everything - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been doing some research and found a thread where someone else was also having a problem with 'mscorwks.dll'. Although this person is using a different program, it appears Holdem Manager may be trying to access parts of the module it's not meant to.

The thread is located here;
    mscorwks.dll causes application crash... - Vista Forums

Either your .net framework installation is still buggy or your windows is damaged.

I'm afraid only a fresh windows installation will solve this but we can try to help you via remote access before this final solution: Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer session.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    Either your .net framework installation is still buggy or your windows is damaged.

I'm afraid only a fresh windows installation will solve this but we can try to help you via remote access before this final solution: Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer session.
    Whoa... what about running 'sfc.exe /scannow' to check integrity?

Quote Originally Posted by The Minder View Post
    Whoa... what about running 'sfc.exe /scannow' to check integrity?
    thanks for your suggestion. I ran sfc.exe /scannow and received the following message

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log.............

The log is approx 14 mb. What should I look for in the log file?

Banned

The normal procedure is for the SFC to ask for your windows installation disk so that it can repair/replace the corrupted files. If SFC did not ask for this it normally means:

a. your copy of windows is pirate (say, the bogus XP Pro version that was running around), or
    b. you have a modified version of windows (normally done by Dell, Hp etc) where you don't necessarily get a windows disk, just an image burned to your HD.

You may have to go with netsrak's recommendation for a remote session or a full reinstall.
    Last edited by The Minder; 01-06-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Just incase any one is reading this forum and would like a final response, following what The Mind had said, a system repair (performed when booting the computer from the installation CD), was unsuccessful. I also tried running check disk through the bios and performing checks on all memory modules.

I finally gave in and decided to re install windows, everything is fine now.

Thanks for the feedback