Complaint 150$/year tread - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peanutman View Post
    The TN2 announcement email says:

It's vague, and open for interpretation. It can mean that they won't update it for new OS version which will cause it to stop working at some point. It can also mean that "they won't have the funds" to maintain the activation server anymore, which means you won't be able to legally activate your TN1 with your serial. In theory they can force TN1 users to TN2 like this.

Intentionally shutting down the activation server just months after they stopped selling a lifetime product would be plain fraud. I don't they'll have the guts to pull that off.

I paid USD 100 for TNFT and TNPS and during most of this time FT wasn't running. After it did relaunch TNFT has not been functioning correctly for months. I have found the support to be less than helpful on top. Just check out the 2+2 threads. As compensation i am entitled to 4 months free TN2. That must be a joke right?

There is no way i will be purchasing TN2. Plenty of other products out there that i purchased before TN1 and are still functioning perfectly with excellent support. As i stated earlier i very much hope this kind of business practice is a massive fail.

Hi,

Based on the community feedback, we decided to remove the maximum 8 table limit from the standard version of TN2.

As always, our top priority for TableNinja is the quality of the player experience so for now we are focused on feature requests and bug reports. However if you guys have additional feedback on the details of the pro/standard split we’re always happy to listen. Because all TN1 users have access to the PRO version for 3 months without any cost, commitment or limitations, hopefully none of the limitations with the standard version will be a major problem for anyone in the short term.

Regarding TN2’s subscription model, we know this is a frustrating change but the fact is that since Black Friday and the rise of all the regional clients, the TableNinja 1 business model is not sustainable. We spent a lot of time discussing pricing of TableNinja II and did our best to design a system that allows us to give you full-time support and software development. A one-time fee would not allow us to rapidly respond to poker client updates and continually add new features. Our goal is to help our customers play more profitable poker and we want to keep doing that for years to come. We intend to continue to build out TableNinja II with cross-site support, better table management, and more powerful customization. We will continue to listen to feedback in this thread.

TN Management
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, you can do so here: Leave Feedback

Banned

Tnx for the reply. Seems fair enough. Can you confirm that the TN1 activation server will be up a reasonable time after august 15 though? That's left unanswered.

Well noone is saying that the subscription model is unreasonable per se. but the price is way too high for my taste.

I mean if this tool costs $20/month, what will HEM3 cost? $100/month?...

In the end this is a tool that many serious online poker player enjoy. but most people only have use for a litte fraction of its functionality that is needed in their games.
    So I wouldn't mind paying a couple of bucks a month for my shortcuts and betzising options I enjoy with TN. but $20/month is not reasonable for me.. Thats already triple the price as we payed for TN1.. and thats just for the first year..

Tx everyone for participating. I guess when you decided on the pricing you calculated people not upgrading and getting a different software instead of a price point where most tn1 owners will upgrade without much of a second thought. I still think an 80$/year charges makes a lot of sens. I think a good middle ground between your $ making dreams and the most competitive price you can charge. Anything with 3 digit is just off the chart imho.

For me, the only unavoidable feature is cycle to 1st table in line. It would be nice to have a reasonable tech view of the longevity of this feature after the support ends.

1st i dunno if this is legal....

2nd didnt they realize that with this massive overprice they will lost streight away 20/25% customers that wont upgrdae and after someone will come out with a similar propgram like maybe "table droid" will improve to the same TN level and TN will lose another big chunk of% of customers.....

silly silly move... i mean ahvent u earn enough these years? i think yes......do u want some more money ofc nv but just realese TN2 with some added features and charge "lifetime"again players willing to spend more for a better program!!!THATS WHAT HEM2 DID!!!!

I use TN since it started and I agree $80/year would be a fair price for the standard version with up to 20 or 30 tables running. I mean the SNG scene is drying out, from what playerpool you wanna get the increase in pricing?

Games become dryer, but the cost to play poker professionally are increasing, does this make any sense?
    Last edited by poporella; 05-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.

I don't think that the new Version of TableNinja is stable and feature-rich enough to leave the beta-period right now. There also haven't been added a lot of major functions that are worth paying 150$/license in my opinion.

Little OT:
    The TN tile is a very good idea, but the functional diversity is far away from freeware(!) like TOI.
    There are too many costly bugs and it can't replace my TOI right now. I hope especially this function to be improved a lot in the future (custom positioning for grid-tables, different ways to move tables to grid, "unseated stack", auto-fill gaps...)
    (please take this as a serious suggestion)

Also TN2 is known to be pretty bug-heavy in general. I've tried out TN2 and I'm absolutely sure I can't use it right now. Since I would get 4 months for free it feels like gambling to buy your software right now. How can I be sure to get a useful tool out of this thing within this 4 months?
    That said, I agree to OP.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutman View Post
    The TN2 announcement email says:

It's vague, and open for interpretation. It can mean that they won't update it for new OS version which will cause it to stop working at some point. It can also mean that "they won't have the funds" to maintain the activation server anymore, which means you won't be able to legally activate your TN1 with your serial. In theory they can force TN1 users to TN2 like this.
    Ya thats the only target they have in mind.
    monopoly + update and new terms and conditions = $$$ its disgusting.

But oh well thats the money game we are all stuck in due to constantly increasing capital costs due to compound interest.

So in reality blaming holdem manager to take advantage of the situation is the wrong way. LOL never thought i would put poker and money theory in one post together lool