slots needed (1233744) exceeds max_fsm_pages

Default slots needed (1233744) exceeds max_fsm_pages

I deleted all my datamined NL200 hands from my database today. It was a very large amount of hands. Well over 2.5 million hands when i last checked. I them vacuum/analyzed in pgAdmin III. It took forever and when it was finally done it said this.

<quote>INFO: free space map contains 202718 pages in 150 relations
    DETAIL: A total of 204800 page slots are in use (including overhead).
    1233744 page slots are required to track all free space.
    Current limits are: 204800 page slots, 1000 relations, using 1269 kB.
    NOTICE: number of page slots needed (1233744) exceeds max_fsm_pages (204800)
    HINT: Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_pages" to a value over 1233744.</quote>

I don't think it worked. I checked my postgres folder to see if it freed up any space and it looks the same. What do i do now?

Escalated To Roy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Escalated To Roy

Hello

So how can we solve this problem

Starting by reading the FAQ I guess ^^
    EDIT : nothing about it on the FAQs

EDIT2 : go to C: > Program Files > PostgresSQL > 8.2 > data > postgresql.conf

Open the file and look for " max_fsm_pages " and replace 204800 by 1233744

But now I found out that there is a PostgreSQL 8.4 that I installed but I dont know how to transfert my Holdem Database from PostgreSQL 8.2 ...
    Last edited by KrOliV; 04-08-2010 at 02:41 PM.

You will want to manually backup all your original hand history files as well as export the DB to text files. You can also export tourney summaries, hud layouts, notes, etc, if you use those things.

Find and backup your \HMArchive folder. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

Export Your Notes - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/notes-02.jpg

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback - Options > Rakeback & Bonuses - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/...bonuses-01.jpg

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/...ta-view-01.jpg

Make sure you export any custom HUD layouts to your \Config folder and copy it for a backup. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import / Export HUD Layout

and finally:

Export your hands and then open the new database and import them into that - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands

Once the Hands are imported you can import the Tourney Results and Bonuses/Rakeback