HEM replayer - HUD speed and "Max hands", more RAM?

Default HEM replayer - HUD speed and "Max hands", more RAM?

The HEM replayer usually takes a few seconds to load the hud, and during that time there's usually a big delay to see the next action if I'm hitting the next action button, especially if there's a bunch of regs at the table. You can probably double or triple this time if there was more regs. Its a slow process if I'm reviewing a large amount of hands.

--(OH! I just had a thought. I can duplicate my HUD, but remove hero, and set it to HEM replayer! That would save some time)

My question is, at this point will more RAM increase the performance/decrease the HUD stat fetch time? I'm currently running 16gb, but have been considering upgrading to 32gb, which means I also have to upgrade windows. I've been doing a lot of notecaddy stuff lately which is also extremely time consuming during the processing stages.

Oh, another thought. Maybe RAM isn't the way to go. Right now I have a AMD Phenom II X6 1055T. A 6 core can only handle 6 threads in notecaddy. I hear this i7 has hyperthreading = 12 threads. More threads = faster HUD times for HEM aswell? Maybe it's time to upgrade my CPU.

Now I'm rambling. Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by LeviJ88; 05-10-2013 at 07:52 PM.

For HM2---> adding more RAM---> has no real effect on the replayer (seeing you already have 16 GB).
    We're aware loading hands in the replayer can be slow and actually have a bugticket on this HM-6388.

What do you mean you then also have to upgrade Windows? You already have a 64 bit version of Windows, right?

i7 vs Phenom II x6--> NoteCaddy especially benefits from having more threads, but this won't have much of an effect on faster HUD times for HEM.

Do you already have a SSD harddisk for your database?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Yes I already have an SSD.

I've done some playing around with postgresql.conf and got a performance boost with notecaddy, I'll hold off on the i7 for now.

I have 64-bit windows 7 home premium, it only supports a maximum of 16GB ram. If you upgrade to windows 7 enterprise/professional/ultimate, they support 192GB of ram.