default popups

Thread: default popups

Default default popups

I was doing some popup cleaning, deleting some old ones, renaming some others. For example, all the Default_xxxxx popups. I deleted a bunch of them since there's a bunch of identical duplicates (Default_Flop, Default_postflop, Default_Cbet, Flop) Every time I load HM, they're all back again.

How come its doing this? How can I stop it? I figured it was because they were attached to HUD's and set as popups. I removed all my popups from all my HUDS, including the default one, deleted all the popups, reloaded HM and they're back again.

Oh - It seems to be only the new HM popups (you guys did a very nice job). But there's some annoying ones I like to get rid of. As well as the duplicates i listed earlier, there's; sample, sample2, SSSOverview.
    and,
    The popup Default_Turn is identical to Turn, except one stat. It has river cbet in it, not turn.

Will HM always load all these popups? Or is there a way I can remove some of them for good?
    Last edited by LeviJ88; 05-09-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Close HM2.

Delete them from the config folder in

7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows%3F+

See the location here for win 7:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

See the location here for win xp:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

You could also move them to another folder to backup in case you decide you want them again later.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

This is where I deleted them from. HEM creates them all new again when it starts up.

I did zip them all and moved them before deletion for backup.

I see that some of the Default_ popups are also in

C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

I closed HEM. Then deleted Default_Postflop (since its identical to three others) from both

C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config, and
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Started up HEM. It creates Default_Postflop new again in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

I want to let you know that your bug has been received and will be tested in the order it was received. Once we have tested and documented it thoroughly we will send you our results and/or ask for any other info/files that we may need to help resolve it.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I have duplicated and written up this issue.

I do not have an ETA on the timeline for this being fixed.

I have added your email to the list to be notified when it is resolved.

The internal # for future reference is 6852
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Maybe you guys could clean up the HUD's you have built in to HEM and fix it in a future release. We dont need this many duplicates.

Aggression = Cbet = Flop = Postflop = Default_Cbet = Default Flop = Default Postflop
    Turn = Default_Turn
    River = Default_River
    Sample = Sample2 = SSSoverview
    Preflop = Default_Preflop = Default_PFR = Default_Reraise = Default VPIP = Default_VsPre
    Steal = Default_Steal

These HUD's are very nice though. I was using my customs up till now but looking at these there's some useful bits.
    Last edited by LeviJ88; 05-11-2013 at 10:48 PM.

We have included a plethora so that they can be tailored to more people's needs and adjusted. they can be ignored in the list if you do not want to use them. They are designed to get someone started and show examples, or to have a layout to edit or copy for a complete custom popup.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

For me, it was actually kind of overwhelming. I've had these since you released them, but didn't even look at them until now. I already had a bunch of popups and then with all these added to the list it was just too much. I kept saying, "ok I will go through them all later" but never got around to it. Now that I have, I realize a lot of them are the same. If we want to copy and edit one, its easy highlight it and click New > clone.

Yea a plethora is nice, but here's my feedback; the identicals are pointless. I reiterate; Aggression = Cbet = Flop = Postflop = Default_Cbet = Default_Flop = Default_Postflop. It's the exact same popup with 7 names. The way it is I feel it's too much clutter and could be tidier, especially for something that's built in and a complicated process to remove.

That being said, the popups themselves are beautiful. My old popups were all the same font, same color, same background. These have different font sizings, colors, and alternating colored rows. It's easy to select one, New > Clone, then add/remove some things that pertain to a single stat that I want the popup for.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)