Holdem Manager 2 is ugly

Default Holdem Manager 2 is ugly

Hello,

I have not post anything about the design of the software since now cause it was the first versions of the software and I was waiting for an improvement of the GUI but clearly I must admit that HM2 it is the most ugly poker software i have used...

The icons are ugly, streched (IconShock ?), the ribbon is not optimized. The menu only show exit ?? It takes ten seconds (dev time) to hide this menu (why don't you have change this ?)

The home sceen is useless and when I move widget at next run the order is change ??

hm2.png

If you look at the other poker softwares, they are clear, sober...

pt4.png

Have you ever plan to improve the GUI before HM3 ? It's a shame cause HM2 is without this clearly excellent...

This message is not offensive, it's not my goal...

Bye
    Last edited by remixtech; 04-20-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Thank you for your feedback.

The issue with the Exit button has been documented in detail and forwarded to the developers to be improved/resolved. While the Home tab could certainly have more configuration options for some of the Widgets most of our customers do not feel it is 'useless'.

We do not have plans at this time for major GUI changes but I have forwarded your comments and suggestions to our management team.

Thanks for answering,

- It will be great to keep in memory the position and the widgets cause each times I start the software Leak buster ads is on the right. It will be great to add more graphs (tournaments one) and stats on the first page.

- I know you are using DevExpress components for interface/design. There is a bug as you see on the screenshot with Windows 8, the windows is surrounded with a white frame. It's a bit ugly.

I know this is not important things but with very small changes in your code you could correct some ugly things on interface and makes it very cool.

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by remixtech View Post
    Thanks for answering,

- It will be great to keep in memory the position and the widgets cause each times I start the software Leak buster ads is on the right.
    This is a known issue. We will be providing HM users with additional controls over the Home view and HM2 Widgets but the detail implementation of that has not been scheduled yet.

It will be great to add more graphs (tournaments one)
    We have plans to add a tournament graph widget to the Home tab but I don't have an ETA for when that will be implemented.

and stats on the first page.
    What kinds of stats? The Home tab isn't really designed for any type of stat analysis. That is what the Reports are for. Most of the widgets are very simple in nature and designed to inform, educate, or give access to a quick overview of recent results as in the Cash Results Widget and future Tourney Results Graph Widget we have planned.

- I know you are using DevExpress components for interface/design. There is a bug as you see on the screenshot with Windows 8, the windows is surrounded with a white frame. It's a bit ugly.
    Thank you for reporting this. I can see what you are referring to in the picture you posted now. I have asked one of our testers that has Win8 to try and reproduce this problem and document it if he can duplicate it.

*Edit to add: The tester just replied that he gets that border around all programs in Windows 8. It sounds like it is a windows 8 issue and not something specific to our program. Perhaps there is a windows display setting that can reduce/remove that border? I would suggest you try posting on some windows forums or general pc help forums to see if someone knows a solution.

It's just aero that is disabled...
    You know the look and feel and the gui are pretty important things for users... It's the only app I know which has this problem.

Thanks for your answers and your availability.
    Kind regards

Mine are different colors, but you don't see these around your other programs? I do. It's not like in Win 7 where the border is transparent. It took me a little bit to really notice it and get used to it once I noticed it.
    chrome.PNG

hm2.PNG
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yes but the colored one are normals. It's the theme of windows. Here in white it's strange... It will be great to adapt it.

Rémi