Filter: TPGK or worse by turn saw SD

Default Filter: TPGK or worse by turn saw SD

I ran through some leakbuster filters and found out that my biggest loss was with TPGK or worse by turn saw SD filter.

As the instruction video recommends - I reviewed some of the hands and I would like to have your opinion what kind of adjustment should I make.

This filter shows total loss of -536d which is quite high since 90% of my hands are 20nl and rest 50nl. My sample size is about 60k hands so it's over 20 buy-ins!

Here are the losses divided positionally:

Most of the losses come from situations where my line was bet flop, bet turn(-220d) or bet flop, check turn (-180d). I lose -70d when my preflop action is call.

I have HU background so I'm thinking I bet too much with weak TP's from button. I always cbet any pair, gutshots, flushdraws, openenders and Axx Kxx flops. IP I cbet a bit more, I add backdoor flushdraws and overcards on dryish boards. I cut down my a bit cbetting when I see high cr/flop raise percentages. My 2barrel strategy simply is 2barrel almost 100% of the time on turn when I have any kind of TP,OESD,FD.

Some of my own conclusions/notes:

BET + BET line adjustments
    ====> 2nd pair barrels SMALLER SIZE against villains with low fold to cbet
    ====> Always barrel FD / OESD?
    ====> Check back weak TP's IP on flop, when you cannot get 3streets value
    ====> Cut down OOP CBET / experiment w/ CR weak hands vs non folders / C-C strong vs guys who fold a lot

BET + CHECK line adjustments
    ====> IP: Fire river SCARECARDS if line goes bet, check-check, check
    ====> OOP: Try bet, check-check, bet lines SCARECARDS

I steal 61% from button and 52% from SB, I think this causes a lot of situations where I build a bit too big pots with weak hands.

So I'd like to ask you:

1. What kind of results you have with this filter?
    2. How should I try to fix this leak?

Good questions. The videos, and the turn video also provide some answers here. Not sure if you've checked them out. As a general statement though your losses are probably mostly going to have to do with spots where you're calling, and not betting. Betting top pair on the button, etc... will generally not be the problem.

Small side note, your sample size is still pretty small. I have a sample I just looked at for only 50k hands, less than yours and I have over 1k hands in that sample.

1) Slightly positive results.
    2) Since you have HM1 if you add an additional filter and look at the lines where it went call/check or call/call, I'm going to guess that will be a bulk of your losses. I'd do that before really digging any deeper. When I get back later I can explain, but also use the bottom of the line filters too and check some of your general lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post
    Good questions. The videos, and the turn video also provide some answers here. Not sure if you've checked them out. As a general statement though your losses are probably mostly going to have to do with spots where you're calling, and not betting. Betting top pair on the button, etc... will generally not be the problem.

Small side note, your sample size is still pretty small. I have a sample I just looked at for only 50k hands, less than yours and I have over 1k hands in that sample.

1) Slightly positive results.
    2) Since you have HM1 if you add an additional filter and look at the lines where it went call/check or call/call, I'm going to guess that will be a bulk of your losses. I'd do that before really digging any deeper. When I get back later I can explain, but also use the bottom of the line filters too and check some of your general lines.
    Thanks for your answer! Call/check is slighly positive and call/call is -34d, so majority of the losses come from spots where im the aggressor, overall losses with the filter are -536d. (bet/bet, bet/check). I'll check the turn video!
    Last edited by sanpnat0r; 04-19-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanpnat0r View Post
    Thanks for your answer! Call/check is slighly positive and call/call is -34d, so majority of the losses come from spots where im the aggressor, overall losses with the filter are -536d. (bet/bet, bet/check). I'll check the turn video!
    You're welcome. That's a bit surprising, but like you said, perhaps you're over playing some spots because you're used to heads up. Call/call can still very well be a leak also, so it's something you want to keep your eye on, but definitely look at a lot of your biggest losses here. Look for spots where you have marginal top pair hands on connected boards, etc... especially on draw heavy boards where opponents are leading into you on the river and you're calling.

hi , maybe its not the correct place to ask but what is 'tpgk+/op'?
    what is 'op'?
    opponents -> lines

top pair with good kicker, plus OP = out of position. Usually a lot of people say OOP though.

I think it means Over Pair because when I filter it Hero is in position on flop , I still have Tpgk+/op

Yes, sorry, you're correct. I wasn't thinking of the context.