Computer Build to Optimze for Notecaddy / HEM 2

Default Computer Build to Optimze for Notecaddy / HEM 2

Hey I'm currently deciding whether to upgrade my current machine

i7 3.2ghz (4core)
    16gb ddr3
    1tb C:
    216 ssd D:
    Random Vid Card

with a new 500gb SSD and 16gb more of ram (32 total). Or just doing a new build with a i73970x (6 x 3.5ghz) overclocked, 500gb SSD D: and 1tb C: 32gb of ram and some new vid cards. I would like to know if the processor has a major impact on performance and import speed, or if I'm just burning cash. I will be adding a couple hundred definitions also fwiw.
    Last edited by brtnboarder; 03-26-2013 at 04:37 PM.

No direction but to trust the final destination

CPU does impact since all the graphs require a bunch of EV calculations to create their points so it's not a waste at all
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

From my personal experience if you have a big database and many definitions then the top priority should be a good SSD.

I have a 11mil hand database + 700 note definitions and I get 20hh/sec speeds (I have a good 512Gb SSD). If I overclock my i5 from 3.3 -> 4.5 Ghz I get 21hh/sec.. cause I noticed that like 95% of the time is spent "saving notes on database" => SSD. So in my opinion it all comes down to the specific set up you are gonna use.

The smaller the database and the number of active note definitions the more effective is the CPU upgrade (particularly if you go from a 4 core to an 8 core one etc). If I were you I'd just get a bigget/better SSD if possible and test things out. If I found the results satisfactory then problem solved and if not then I would consider a better CPU.