Recent PS Hands - Appear on HUD but not in HEM

Default Recent PS Hands - Appear on HUD but not in HEM

Happy Thanksgiving!

For some reason the hands I played on 11/23 (after the most recent Stars upgrade) don't show up in my stats. Stats still appeared on the HUD as I was playing, but they're not showing up on any of the reports or graphs (I've cleared filters, etc, etc, etc). Also, 4 of the 6 table's hand histories didn't import into the archive folder I have set up (even when I try to do them manually it says "Found 0 files to process...."). The tables that I played that did import into the archive, but do not appear in my stats, were between 10:20p and 11:21p. The tables that did not import, and do not appear in my stats, are between 11:53p and 11:55p. Why might this be happening?

I'm using the most recent version of HEM (1.11.05c), the most recent version of PostgreSQL (9.0.1) on Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. The OS and the PostgreSQL were the same versions during my last session played on 11/13 and I had no problems then, so I'm thinking the latest Stars or HEM upgrade is being funky.

Thanks for your help in advance!

- Eric

I just created a new database and imported only the 10 files that were missing previously. These hands did import into the new database, but for some reason the time is 2 hours off. In the HH files the time line appears as follows:

2010/11/23 23:06:04 MT [2010/11/24 1:06:04 ET]

It looks like HEM took the time from the brackets and not the first time listed, which would be the correct time zone here.

I still don't know why these hands won't appear for the original DB though...

Yep, HM takes the stars server time which is the time in brackets. You can adjust it with adjust site import times: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Adjust Site Import Times

What happens if you rename the files and try to import them to your original database via import file?

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    Yep, HM takes the stars server time which is the time in brackets.
    Then my frustration with Stars is going to be the same frustration with HEM in this case. Here in Arizona we do not have daylight savings time (we are on Mountain Standard Time all year round: GMT-07:00). This means that this time of year we're 2hrs earlier than Stars server time and the other half of the year we're 3hrs earlier than Stars server time. On the day that the rest of the country changes their clocks, I have to change my Stars time from MT to PT or from PT to MT since there is no Arizona time option. Apparently, if I want my HEM times to be correct, I have to switch back and forth between a 2hr adjustment and a 3hr adjustment. If I do that now, how do I differentiate between hands played with a 2hr difference and hands played with a 3hr difference if I have to go back and re-import them? Argh...

What happens if you rename the files and try to import them to your original database via import file?
    I just did that (changed them from their original names to "1", "2", ... "10"). During the import process into the original database it found all of the files successfully but read all of the hands as duplicate hands. Now, when I click on the cash games tab, no hands appear and I get the following error message (every time - even after exiting the program and re-opening):

The following error occurred when running this report: ERROR: XX002: index "playerhandscashkeycolumns_ha_idx1" is not a btree

Clicking "OK" hangs-up the cash games tab, even though i seem to have functionality with the rest of the program (sort of - I can click on anything else, but if it involves data relating to any actual hands played, new or old, nothing appears).

I do not get this error when I switch back to the new database I created last night that just has those 10 files in it. I am also error free when I delete out all hands from the new database and re-import the files with their names changed that caused the error in the original database.

Last edited by SonsOfLeda; 11-25-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
    I did this and it fixed the error on the "Cash Games" index that I was getting before. I still am not seeing the 544 missing hands though in that database. I imported the hands from my archive into the new database I created that those hands do appear in though, so I should be good to go.

That said, I still have no idea why in my original database all of the hands from that day show up as duplicates during the import process even though none of them appear in any of the reports.

Possible a database corruption.

Just continue using the new database, and reimport all your hands into that.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here