Good run or bad run
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good run or bad run

hello all ..

I'm playing multiple table SNG on pokerstars, and I want to know if there's a stat to know if I'm in Good or Bad run ?

And how we could find it ?

TY very much for your answers ...

Jup

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

Please try the Tournaments Reports Stats > AllinEquity > EV $ Chips

Quote Originally Posted by DogNamedBluff View Post
    Thanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by DogNamedBluff View Post
    Hi, I'd like to see this too. I don't quite get your directions in HM2, Reports->Tournament->More reports? I dont see any AllinEquity..

Quote Originally Posted by NoFoldPlease View Post
    Hi, I'd like to see this too. I don't quite get your directions in HM2, Reports->Tournament->More reports? I dont see any AllinEquity..
    You have to add it to the Overall Report from the 'Stats' button in the upper left corner of the report:

01.10.2014-11.09.png

Then you can compare that value to the Net Won Chips value to see how much above/below Chip EV you are. In the pic below you can see I am running way above EV.

01.10.2014-11.10.png

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    You have to add it to the Overall Report from the 'Stats' button in the upper left corner of the report:

01.10.2014-11.09.png

Then you can compare that value to the Net Won Chips value to see how much above/below Chip EV you are. In the pic below you can see I am running way above EV.

01.10.2014-11.10.png
    I've done so, and these are the results. Is this even possible? According to your logic I'm having extremely bad luck?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, anything is possible. You are definitely running below expectation in that image but instead of worrying about your EV you need to try and figure out what you can do to improve your actual results. There isn't much you can do about your 'luck' so you need to do some review in the reports to find out if you are getting the chips all-in in good spots. That will take some filtering and review of the reports/hands to see if there are things you can do to improve your play. All you can do is try and improve your play and hope that your all-in luck turns around.

Thank you for your reply. I agree, strange thing is I made pretty decent money on this account. Is there something about grinding Double or Nothings (or Fifty50s on PS) that fucks with the AllinEV? On another site I made a lot of money with DoNs and it says I have way negative allinEQ..

Guess my question is, do these stats really represent I'm playing bad, or are they inaccurate when it comes to DoN? Because there is a lot of shoving with bad hands?

This is just looking at Chip EV. You can also look at the $EV (Luck Adjusted Winnings) in the Tournament Winnings Graph for a different look at your luck. Whether or not you are running good/bad has nothing to do with if you are playing good/bad and you are not going to be able to determine that by looking at graphs. How you are playing is something you have to determine by looking at the individual hands in the reports using the filters. The real power of our software is in the filters and reports.

Here are some threads explaining Equity if you want to learn more about EV.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/120/EV+Explained

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ituations.html

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...ph+Tell+Me%3F+

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20994

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=17621

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20000

HM2 Shark Tank Member

This is my opinion

Chips are irrelevant in MTT when looking at the overall and will almost never be a factor as to whether you are good or bad

Why? Say you are in a stars game at the FT with 8m v 6m chips and Lose the hand (you shoved and was called) so lose 6m chips, so utter nonsense so just ignore it

So as you play around 19/16 let's look at hands by position that you play with, say 8Tos it shows -55bb/100 with a VPIP OOP of say 21/16, this should be clear that you are losing with it and need to adjust, but if your VPIP/PFR for that same hand says 6/4 then that's fine but once again this has to be done for all hands or at least a good sample size

EVbb/100 can also be nonsense for ONE or 2 games as it is of course possible that you never even played 100 hands

So what you should look at is position and cards + VPIP/PFR alas you don't have a large enough sample with 2k of hands to be meaningful enough

Also note that you have a 3bet of over 9 which I like yet your AF is only 1.1 which clearly shows you are missing lots of spots to do x/y and z

OFC if I m wrong people will reply but as I have been teaching this stuff for years I reckon my method will help a bit

For just SNG's I would have to see your database but it cant be i guess as that over 3300 games and you only show around 2k of hands
    Last edited by johncc; 01-11-2014 at 03:31 PM.