NoteCaddy 2.4.5 BETA (MAKE SURE TO UPDATE TO 2.4.5.2)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    No direction but to trust the final destination

Default NoteCaddy 2.4.5 BETA (MAKE SURE TO UPDATE TO 2.4.5.2)

This version of NoteCaddy has a big change which is that notes will no longer be saved in the postgres database but rather in files on the disk. This is similar to how HM2 saves player hand data as well. The benefits are:
    -No more disk space lost until vacuum/analyze is performed
    -In testing speed improvements were shown of around 3-5%. While that's a small number, every little bit helps.

This won't start until you reset notes or create a new database. Extensive testing was performed but hopefully a few people want to try it out before it goes out as an automatic update
    How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki

Also, a bug with the "show average profit per hand" has been fixed as well so if 2.4.4.1 was giving you problems, you can either turn that off or try this version which contains the fix. Specifically, the problems would have been:
    -All notes appearing as 100%
    -Many missing notes
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

HM2 Shark Tank Member

I try to download it in the usual place but with no success.

http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy2.4.4.5.zip
    and
    http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy2.4.5.zip

Where is it?

Ty

Edit:

I was making it harder then it actually is: http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip

Lol
    Last edited by Hilips; 03-01-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Indeed. Thank you for trying it out. Let me know how it goes
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Banned

Tried a 5kk DB trice and it kept getting stuck after 5-10 minutes when saving notes to DB, turning off turbo hand grabber didn't help. A 100k DB worked fine.

I tried only up to 1 million and it worked well but I'll try more. How many hands had it processed when it got stuck?

stuck at ~50 % small 160k DB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    I tried only up to 1 million and it worked well but I'll try more. How many hands had it processed when it got stuck?
    Don't know exact, but it ran about 10 minutes at 120 h/s with turbo hand grabber and about 30 minutes at 60 h/s without turbo hand grabber.

Are you guys seeing a notecaddy error_log.txt when you close hm2? Maybe it's a deadlock writing to flat files but I still can't replicate it
    Also, if you restart hm2 after the freeze, does it work for awhile and freeze again or just freezes right away?

Thanks for trying it. I would love for this to work so no more disk space complaints

Nostrakam suggested I install this beta to correct a NC problem he's working to fix. Unfortunately I cannot get the thing to install. I get a permissions error and am taken to a youtube page on how to change notecaddy.exe permissions to administrator. Simple enough but the page shows that this file is in the program files x82/notecaddy2 folder. I don't have this folder but I have Notecaddy. I looked in the HM2 folder and found a notecaddy update.exe file and set this to administrator but still get the same error. How did you guys get this beta installed?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Are you guys seeing a notecaddy error_log.txt when you close hm2? Maybe it's a deadlock writing to flat files but I still can't replicate it
    Also, if you restart hm2 after the freeze, does it work for awhile and freeze again or just freezes right away?

Thanks for trying it. I would love for this to work so no more disk space complaints
    No error log was shown. I did try to restart and I think it worked for a very short while, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Rolled back, so I can't try. Will try the beta again if you have any ideas or a new version.