fixed width cells in HUD panels
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fixed width cells in HUD panels

I don't think this is currently possible (if it is, please let me know and disregard this request), but it would be really great if we could make the cells in the HUD panels that appear on the table fixed width. Much like you can select a width for any popup HUD, I'd like to be able to align all of the stats in the panels. (You can do this in PT, btw.) Thanks.

See if using the t separator in HUD Options - Config does what you're looking for.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Well sort of, but if I'm seeing this correctly, we can't actually determine the width of the columns? It looks like it would could be a lot narrower overall. Screen space real estate is an issue for me, so I'm trying to get the most up there in the most orderly way possible, and with the least amount of room. I realize however this is a nearly impossible task.

Hmm, can you maybe do a diagram of what you're wanting to get? We'll look into it, but I'm not entirely sure what you're going for.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Well I can't really draw something up easily, but I guess I was just thinking of having the option to change the width of the cells -- kind of the way we can in the popups. The point is it would be nice if we could make our huds overall tighter (as well as aligned) if we have a fixed width format.

The way it's set up now, when I use the "t" separator everything just kinda spreads out, so the cost of having things on a more organized looking grid layout is that I wind up losing a lot of room. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it over the next couple of days and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people also show support for it.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Bump, is this available now ? It would be way easier to read if every stat is in fixed place independent of otehr stats. Sometimes some stats become single digit (when they are usually double digit) and it mess the whole layout up. "t" separator doesn't do the trick because then HUd is twice as wide as it needs to be.

Hmm, can you maybe do a diagram of what you're wanting to get? We'll look into it, but I'm not entirely sure what you're going for.
    Just make every cell 2 spaces wide. If there is occasional 100 display whatever (for example AL); 100 isn't really a problem as it's so rare, the real issue is with single digit stats which would be nice if they take 2 spaces. Adding "display single digit stats as 0d" would do and then make the 0 invisible and it's perfect

EDIT:
    Ok I've found it: combinatino of cap at 99% and use two digits... perfect for my needs;
    Last edited by punter11235; 08-10-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Yes, I was going to suggest the cap/use two digits. I'm glad that you found what fit your needs.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Still it would be very handy to have an option to set the width of tabulation for "t" separator, like we can already pick from different separation symbols. Or at least several "t1", "t2", "t3" with different width, including the most tight for "cap 99%".

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst_Kh View Post
    Still it would be very handy to have an option to set the width of tabulation for "t" separator, like we can already pick from different separation symbols. Or at least several "t1", "t2", "t3" with different width, including the most tight for "cap 99%".
    Hi, has any progress been made on this?