fixed width cells in HUD panels - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it in the near future and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people show support for it in the future.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I think you should reconsider how you look at this feature. The grid is the biggest advantage the PT4 hud has over the hm2 one imo.

I will post two pics. The first is PT4, the second HM2. (two different players but both with incomplete stats)

Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

In the pt4 grid it is easy to see the stats from each position. In the hm2 grid it is extremely difficult to read the stats. In the hm2 I have to colour the stats by position to even have a chance of the knowing position the stat represents.

Even an 'XX' instead of the '-' for stats with no info would help align stats better.

Why don't you simply make 5 different panels in your HM2 HUD? Each panel of 4 rows and 2 columns aligned to each other will do the exact copy of that PT4 HUD at the picture. Without XX or any other problems. Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst_Kh View Post
    Why don't you simply make 5 different panels in your HM2 HUD? Each panel of 4 rows and 2 columns aligned to each other will do the exact copy of that PT4 HUD at the picture. Without XX or any other problems. Today.
    Thanks - that is a big improvement, looks terrible with people I have tiny sample on and hud splits into individual stripes, the XX would still work better and help keep width. Still - it is much better than my single panel version. I guess I could add a notecaddy text file to each panel to keep width, but that would take up another row.

Is there any way to change the background colour of individual panels? Would help identify position and I could colour code properly.

You are welcome. So far i didn't found any way to improve it further. If you will find it, please post it here.

For now, for columns visual separation i simply use many different colors of the stats. But if you don't like your HUD to be too motley, you might find more comfortable ways, like these:

1) make more darker versions of your normal stat colors, to separate columns, as a substitute for darker background;
    2) add | symbol as a start of each row, it will always be aligned and eats only a tiny amount of space, separating columns nicely.

This is a HUGE dillemma for me too. I still switch back and forth between HM2 and PT4 because they each have features I would like. Right now I am in HM2 because I totally prefer the NoteCaddy and the LeakBuster to the NoteTracker and LeakTracker as they are much more comprehensive tools.

BUT .... I REALLY need the alignment options in my HUDS.

I make my own HUDS with graphics etc. in them in PT4 and I take advantage of the alignment feature to make different visual effects in the HUD that you cannot in HM2. The HUD in PT4 is programmable in a whole different way than the HM2 HUD is, which is SO strange as HM2 is considered to be the more advanced option of the two.

If you look at the pic I posted you can see one of my own HUDs in PT4. I've made graphical representations of ALL stats in PT4 and I've even made some of my own stats into graphical representations as small 'speedometers' showing the value as it is SO much faster to read and get an idea of where the opponent is, especially when multitabling 16 tables. The HUD is used on PokerStars. Don't pay attention to the fact that I use a private 'skin' on PokerStars that re-arrange the tables to make it easier to read the tables. I also use the same stats on regular tables.

One is almost only graphical. The other is a combo that clearly shows how the ajusted colums are a huge help - especially when using different colors as background.

These HUDs could NEVER be made in HM2:

HUD IMG 64.png HUD IMG 20.png
    Almost purely Graphical made with my own designed "meters".

Tournament HUD 2.0 A.png Tournament HUD 2.0 B.png
    This is a combo-HUD made for Tournament play that clerly shows columns. This is actually made with NO graphical elements. In stead the 3 bars in the bottom are made by table-rows of ten with different color column in each and depending on the value of the stat I remove more or less of the black box inside each of these to make it look as if it's filling up with bars. So as a matter of fact an empty bar is actually just filled with small black squares (an extended ASCII-character), that are removed as the bar grows. (NB! The note on one of the players is a part of the skin and not part of my HUD, just to clarify).

This is also very clear when you look at the professional 3rd party HUDs like ProPokerHuds. They make a version for both PT4 and for HM2, and it is obvious that they have much less configurational options in HM2 when it comes to arranging the stats nicely.

It is really annoying that the only way to ajust things in HM2 is to rely on blank spacing (which only work on same monospaced fonts that are useless in HUD's or by making an extrene amount of different panels and the use hours to rearrange each panel on each of the 6/9 players on the table. That is really frustrating.

And I must admit I got even more frustrated now I saw that this thread is from 2008 with several visitors over the years asking if has been adressed yet and now (9 years later) it is still exactly the same.

(On a side note: It seems to me that development on HM2 has stopped completely, correct me if I'm wrong. As an example I was so excited when I first saw many years ago that they announced the HM cloud in Beta and I installed it in the belief that it would be few months - or no more than a year - away, and I could only use it with 1000 hands so it was full within less than a day, but I liked the idea very much, but looking at the website it seems to me that it is exactly the same as always, HM2 still in the longest Beta-period for any program ever - and the company primarily relying on 3rd party developers to add content to the HM2 package. But maybe that's just me that don't pay attention to all the new features in HM2 the last couple of years - I don't know. I expected SO much from the merger between HM2 and PT4 but instead of implementing the best from two worlds in both programs it seems that what has happened is what always happen when companies eliminate competition by creating monopoly on a market. That is always bad for the consumer as the lack of competition makes companies lazy. Because now that HM2 and PT4 are bothe the same company, they don't care if I switch to PT4 as they still get my money. Before it would have been a disaster to loose lots of customers to PT4. This is just a general observation that perhaps explains why the column feature hasn't been implemented even though it wouldn't be that difficult and it's been 9 years since the question came up the first time.).

To HM2 developers I can only say: In this very thread you said you would consider the feature if more seemed interested in the functionality. Well it cannot be just me and OP that want's this. But here you at least have one more who REALLY needs that function badly.
    Last edited by beninu; 03-20-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Attachments not visible in first post

I can't see your attachments but this grid feature in the HUD will be possible in HM3 as it uses much of the same features as the PT4 HUD.

HM Cloud's future is unclear at this point, and has not been updated in a very long time, as our focus is on HM3.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I can't see your attachments but this grid feature in the HUD will be possible in HM3 as it uses much of the same features as the PT4 HUD.

HM Cloud's future is unclear at this point, and has not been updated in a very long time, as our focus is on HM3.
    Strange that my attachments didn't show, but you can see the same attrachments in another post byt me on:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feat...ml#post2484768

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71

Have you seen your own sub-text/signautre lately?
    It says: "Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE"

I would suggest you toned down the many references to HM Cloud if further development of the program has been suspended until further notice. On the community section in HM2 (the front page when the program opens up) there are also lots of advertising for then next-gen Hold'em Manager pointing the attention to the next big thing HM Cloud with an invitation to sign up for the beta . It seems that one could easily be led to believe that HM Cloud is still under active development.

But I will be looking forward to HM3, as I expect a lot from that program now that you've merged with the PokerTracker4 crew, as you now have the opportunity to integrate the best features from both programs.

Edit, I can see the images now. Not sure why I couldn't before. It may have been moderated at the time and I just now approved all moderated forum posts.

Thanks for the reminder about my sig line. I haven't donebeen doing forum support much lately so had forgotten to update/remove it.

I will mention the site references to HM Cloud to see if we can get those edited/removed given the current state (lack) of HM Cloud development.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 03-21-2017 at 09:59 AM.