Custom Hud Stats slow to appear - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No direction but to trust the final destination

If anyone wants to try this before an official release, please get the latest server build How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki and then try file->preload all player notes. This build has gone through the full range of tests but the changes were big enough that I'd rather some friendly players also test prior to the full release
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Have tried it...
    HM 7660 NC latest

first time is as before - HUD loads stats - reloads stats(if much hands from player) - prefixed color badges appears in ordered slots - switch to prefixed slot - done
    second time = everything insta loaded

good work !

Also tried it:

first few hands i had some freezes (couldn't click anything on the tables - Zoom on Stars), then after some hands more everything insta. So far nice work....as usual from Sreti

HM2 v7683, Quad Core @ 3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 2x SSD Samsung 830 (one for Win7 64bit and programs, other for db with about 2kk hands)

Ok, 2nd session same problem:

HM2 (nearly all the time, pop-ups not accessable, changing tabs in HM not possible) and tables (beginning of the session) freeze, but there is still plenty of RAM and CPU available. Without preloaded notes HM works normal (normal for HM ). For me not useable atm, but i think the problem is on the side of HM (could be also my desktop, but i think it's a quite sufficient setup).

I have a high spec PC but NC struggles with Zoom to display all the Custom Badges. Sreti, is your fix likely to help with displaying PreFixed Badges playing Zoom?

If so that would be wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by karstenkloss View Post
    Ok, 2nd session same problem:

HM2 (nearly all the time, pop-ups not accessable, changing tabs in HM not possible) and tables (beginning of the session) freeze, but there is still plenty of RAM and CPU available. Without preloaded notes HM works normal (normal for HM ). For me not useable atm, but i think the problem is on the side of HM (could be also my desktop, but i think it's a quite sufficient setup).
    are you using badges based on HM2 stats? Those aren't cached because caching all HM2 player stats would take up an impossible amount of memory for a mid to large database. The lag would be because it force loads them rather than waiting. Please confirm/deny my theory

Quote Originally Posted by bluetail View Post
    I have a high spec PC but NC struggles with Zoom to display all the Custom Badges. Sreti, is your fix likely to help with displaying PreFixed Badges playing Zoom?

If so that would be wonderful!
    Yes it's supposed to. I'm not clear if you've tried it yet and it didn't work or are yet to try it
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Yes it's supposed to. I'm not clear if you've tried it yet and it didn't work or are yet to try it
    Thanks, first impressions, just tested this playing 4 tables of Rush for about an hour and it all worked well.

It would probably be useful to Preload just Stars player notes or just Full Tilt player notes as there is no need to Preload all the Zoom players when playing Rush and vice versa. Thanks!

It would be useful but more options =

1. more derp questions
    2. more permutations for testing
    3. more possible bugs

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    are you using badges based on HM2 stats? Those aren't cached because caching all HM2 player stats would take up an impossible amount of memory for a mid to large database. The lag would be because it force loads them rather than waiting. Please confirm/deny my theory

I have 3 composite definitions using HM2-stats. Do you want me to try it with those disabled?

Overall RAM-usage was increased by about 500MB with preloaded notes, what didn't seem to be a problem. Do you think composite definitions could be the problem in general (i have 6, 3 are mix of HM2-states and notes, 3 are pure mixes from notes)?

I don't think it's the composite definitions that are the problem but for sure using the hm2 stats is. I really can't think of a good way to solve for that other than forcing those through the regular queue and putting a disclaimer that badges will not appear right away if they're based on hm2 stats.

I would, however, be very grateful if you deactivated those and confirm if the lag goes away