Just trying HEM2, trouble when updating DB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just trying HEM2, trouble when updating DB

I get a pop up that I should update DB and when I click Yes I get this:

On another note, can I change all my Fonts in all the stats, or do I have to do it stat for stat? I want them all a bit bigger. I mean in my pop ups and in the main stats window in game.

EDIT: Found Font changes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fletchdad; 01-26-2013 at 04:28 AM.

And I just noticed this. My hands are importing but only some. The .2/.5 nl hands are all within the last week so why are so little being imported to HEM2?

BTW I have the newest update.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchdad View Post
    I get a pop up that I should update DB and when I click Yes I get this:

I think your database is damaged.

*Try creating a new DataBase - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...m+Manager+2%3F
    *Now import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Hand+Importing
    All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.
    *If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and backup/restore any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
    *Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...r+%28Ribbon%29

And I just noticed this. My hands are importing but only some. The .2/.5 nl hands are all within the last week so why are so little being imported to HEM2?

BTW I have the newest update.
    If the new database suggested above doesn't fix your problems: Please zip and email the problem hand histories (or your entire \HMArchive and \HM2Archive), with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Thanks Fozzy. Doing what you suggested now.

I am only interested in my 2013 hands anyway. New year, new approach to poker, and I dont need the old hands anymore. But the HEM notes are important to me. I made a lot of notes in HEM1, as well as checked hands. Should the new DB make it so I can see my marked hands in hand reports and notes in the re-player??

Do a backup of the old HM2 DB, but just the notes, then restore it into the new DB.

Then, go to database - import from 1.0 and import just the notes from your HM1 DB.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks ud, will do. The new DB seems to be working fine, just no notes and marked hands. I can live w/o the marked hands - can still use HEM1 to see them - and will try your suggestions about note BU and importing.

Thanks.

I am liking HEM2 so far and will certainly upgrade when trial is over. Is is quite a resource hog compared to HEM1, and it takes a lot longer to respond in some situations. I have windows 7 64 bit, 4x 2.91 GH AMD processor and 4 GB RAM. How much RAM do you guys suggest? I figured 4 GB plenty. Will 6-8 GB make that much of a difference do you think?

Got notes now!!! Thanks

I am liking HEM2 so far and will certainly upgrade when trial is over. Is is quite a resource hog compared to HEM1, and it takes a lot longer to respond in some situations. I have windows 7 64 bit, 4x 2.91 GH AMD processor and 4 GB RAM. How much RAM do you guys suggest? I figured 4 GB plenty. Will 6-8 GB make that much of a difference do you think?

In the next 12 months, how large will your database get? (in millions of hands).
    You only need more RAM, if you:
    -have a 3+ million hand database
    -if you constantly run reports, on ALL your hands

Do you already have a SSD harddisk for Windows + the PostgreSQL database? That will performance-wise be more beneficial.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Nope, have HDD. My hands will almost certainly be less than 1 million in the next year. I have around 700K at the moment, but will be only storing hands in the new DB from 2013 onward. Played about 46k so far this year, but have been playing a bit less than I used to, but still dont think I will get over 6 figures this year. (Wish I was talking $s lol)

I will be running leak buster on all hands, and reports as well. Most reports will be sessions, but the occasional complete DB.

And you're not using NoteCaddy with hundreds of custom notes/definitions?
    Then you really don't need more RAM.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here