The FTP pre-fetch mystery (solved) 1.11.05

Exclamation The FTP pre-fetch mystery (solved) 1.11.05

W7, 32-bit, English, UAC off, 1.11.05

The FTP pre-fetch mystery:

- The path under site options points to the x86 on 32-bit systems. -> doesn’t matter at all

- The path that is used is the C:\%Users%\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data no matter what

- With unchecked OCR chat-box files get written to this folder, after that HEM tries to generate a player list for that table in another file. This seemed to work until beta 17 ( I tested beta 15)

- I tested it on PLO tables. The player list files show NL 9max tables, so I guess for these tables this method might still work in 1.11.05

- If you switch to OCR this change is NOT SAVED until you restart HEM (or maybe only the table manager).

- Even if you restart HEM the older generated chatbox and playerlist files prevent the pre-fetch from working on these tables. You have to delete these files first. After that pre-fetch works.

- BUT it doesn’t work with RUSH anymore. But RUSH works with OCR unchecked. No restart required here.

NOW PLEASE FIX IT!
    Last edited by lonelycube; 10-14-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelycube View Post
    W7, 32-bit, English, UAC off, 1.11.05

The FTP pre-fetch mystery:

- The path under site options points to the x86 on 32-bit systems. -> doesn’t matter at all

- The path that is used is the C:\%Users%\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data no matter what
    Interestingly, I dont have any AppData directory under Users. I do have RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data, however.

I have 64 bit win7.

I wonder if this is a problem or a difference between the 32 and 64 bit machines?

- there is another nasty bug.
    under additional HUD Filter -> # Players =7 -> Min=7 causes pre-fetch not to work. Any other number will do.
    -Haven't checked if it has any effect on RUSH

@abelian

its a hidden folder. But you can type in the address bar or show hidden files.
    I dont think anymore that it is a 32-bit/64-bit problem.
    Last edited by lonelycube; 10-14-2010 at 12:21 PM.

We just released a new version that addresses a lot of peoples prefetch/rush issues and Ive tried to replicate both your bugs on that version and i cant, ive also noticed it auto deletes the file in the importing/hemdata on reboot as well. Anyway if you can replicate it then let me know and well setup a session to troubleshoot

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...e-release.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.