Leak Buster 3.0: Beta 5 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi, thanks for listening. I will go through my step-by-step process of running Leakbuster.

I select Step 1. I don't want to analyze all my hands, I only want to analyze my 100NL FR hands from this year, as I have moved up recently and my play has probably changed quite a bit from my 10NL days last December. I click Add a Filter. There is a time filter, which I set to This Year, and click the box for Apply to All. Back to the original dialog. Oh oh, how do I change stakes and FR/6max? If I have a slow pc, I don't want to do a full analysis without setting those options. I click Analyze All. Phew, a choice for 6m/FR comes up. I select FR. Hopefully, there'll be another dialog to select the stakes. Um, nope, no place to select the stakes. Now my pc is chugging through all my FR hands This Year. Useless. I recently upgraded my pc about 3 weeks ago, and it's taking my new pc a few minutes to run this. Imagine if I'd been on my old pc.

It finishes and I'm back at Step 2, with the wrong set of data. I click Find Leaks, and now a dialog pops up with an option to select Stake Level. Click and run again. Ok, finally using the right filter criteria. I like the new 'thermometer' charts, much more professional looking and easier to read. What are the little +- things in the bottom left? Oh, I know, RTFM. What filter am I using again? Ok, I see a graph with 100NL FR on it, but what were the time criteria? Nowhere to be found. Would be nice to have that indicated somewhere.

Ok, I review my leaks. Hmm, Flop v Raise Fold% is 49.1, right smack dab in the middle of the optimal range. I have an A+ grade, and yet this is a small leak in the leak column. Huh?

So after reviewing my leaks in Step 2, I click on Step 3, Position. Cool, B+ all around except for a B in the SB. Wait a minute, the Sample Size is way too big. This is my entire database. Crap, I guess Apply to All doesn't.

Ok, I'll stop here, I think you get my drift. Don't get me wrong, I like Leakbuster. I think it's an awesome idea, and I'm happy that I bought it. However, it has to be one of the most difficult and confusing programs to navigate around in that I've ever used (also, as a FR player, I wish you'd have separated out all the FR positions). Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks. Looking forward to the updates-
    Last edited by Leak Buster Support; 10-17-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott1326

Hi, thanks for listening. I will go through my step-by-step process of running Leakbuster.

I select Step 1. I don't want to analyze all my hands, I only want to analyze my 100NL FR hands from this year, as I have moved up recently and my play has probably changed quite a bit from my 10NL days last December. I click Add a Filter. There is a time filter, which I set to This Year, and click the box for Apply to All. Back to the original dialog. Oh oh, how do I change stakes and FR/6max? If I have a slow pc, I don't want to do a full analysis without setting those options. I click Analyze All. Phew, a choice for 6m/FR comes up. I select FR. Hopefully, there'll be another dialog to select the stakes. Um, nope, no place to select the stakes. Now my pc is chugging through all my FR hands This Year. Useless. I recently upgraded my pc about 3 weeks ago, and it's taking my new pc a few minutes to run this. Imagine if I'd been on my old pc.
    I thought I was responding, but I accidentally hit edit when I was typing a response to your previous post. I believe I recovered though (oops). We created the automated step one with the idea of eventually adding the stake level option. Keep in mind, this is a new feature added a week ago. We wanted to add the ability for overall simply because most people don't have adequate samples at specific stake levels.

There's nothing we can do about the time. There's a lot of data, queries, and calculations that are being performed. They are all optimized to perform as fast as possible. Before this option was added, each step was run manually. You can still do this if you feel it takes too long to do the automated process.

It finishes and I'm back at Step 2, with the wrong set of data. I click Find Leaks, and now a dialog pops up with an option to select Stake Level. Click and run again. Ok, finally using the right filter criteria. I like the new 'thermometer' charts, much more professional looking and easier to read. What are the little +- things in the bottom left? Oh, I know, RTFM. What filter am I using again? Ok, I see a graph with 100NL FR on it, but what were the time criteria? Nowhere to be found. Would be nice to have that indicated somewhere.
    Each individual step, you can run via stake level. The only thing you cannot is step 1. Sorry if this is confusing, but we are working on it. Could you please explain what you mean by the wrong data being shown?

Ok, I review my leaks. Hmm, Flop v Raise Fold% is 49.1, right smack dab in the middle of the optimal range. I have an A+ grade, and yet this is a small leak in the leak column. Huh?
    Try installing the release version that has tool tips. Perhaps this will help explain more things easier if you have questions. We will be doing a workshop soon on the new 3.0 and going over all the new features. The A-F scoring is only indicating how you are scoring in relation to the most optimal ranges. Whether it's a leak or not is based on how that actual range for your specific data scores in relation to other winrate ranges, and the Leak Buster optimal range. So it's possible to have an A, but a potential leak, although this is rare.

So after reviewing my leaks in Step 2, I click on Step 3, Position. Cool, B+ all around except for a B in the SB. Wait a minute, the Sample Size is way too big. This is my entire database. Crap, I guess Apply to All doesn't.
    We are adding an option to apply the stake level to every step. Right now, it's the time/date filter that applies if you click apply all. You likely clicked overall stakes again for step 3.

Ok, I'll stop here, I think you get my drift. Don't get me wrong, I like Leakbuster. I think it's an awesome idea, and I'm happy that I bought it. However, it has to be one of the most difficult and confusing programs to navigate around in that I've ever used (also, as a FR player, I wish you'd have separated out all the FR positions). Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks. Looking forward to the updates-
    That's the opposite of what we usually hear, but I know the 3.0 has added a lot more complexities and we are working on making it just as intuitive as 2.5 was. Bare with us, and it will be worked out very soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my email, and for doing it so quickly (do you sleep?) .

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post
    There's nothing we can do about the time. There's a lot of data, queries, and calculations that are being performed. They are all optimized to perform as fast as possible. Before this option was added, each step was run manually. You can still do this if you feel it takes too long to do the automated process.
    I'm not complaining about the time required for Leakbuster to run. I realize there are a lot of numbers to crunch, and the processing speed is mainly a function of the user's computer. My request is to improve the interface so that the user doesn't have to crunch the numbers twice when he realizes he doesn't have the right data he wants to examine loaded.

Each individual step, you can run via stake level. The only thing you cannot is step 1. Sorry if this is confusing, but we are working on it. Could you please explain what you mean by the wrong data being shown?
    Just that I loaded up the data in Step 2, finally figured out how to get This Year's Full-Ring data at 100NL, and then when I went to Step 3, had to do it all over again as it was showing This Year's data for all stake levels.

Try installing the release version that has tool tips. Perhaps this will help explain more things easier if you have questions. We will be doing a workshop soon on the new 3.0 and going over all the new features. The A-F scoring is only indicating how you are scoring in relation to the most optimal ranges. Whether it's a leak or not is based on how that actual range for your specific data scores in relation to other winrate ranges, and the Leak Buster optimal range. So it's possible to have an A, but a potential leak, although this is rare.
    I'm pretty sure I have the latest version installed, but I look forward to the workshop, and will try to make some time to RTFM. Thanks again for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by scott1326 View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my email, and for doing it so quickly (do you sleep?) .
    Ha... Thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate it.

I'm not complaining about the time required for Leakbuster to run. I realize there are a lot of numbers to crunch, and the processing speed is mainly a function of the user's computer. My request is to improve the interface so that the user doesn't have to crunch the numbers twice when he realizes he doesn't have the right data he wants to examine loaded.
    Yes, it's a good suggestion, and you're not alone here. We're working on it, and I think once the process is in place to do any stake level from step 1, it will be a lot more clear and easy. We should have an update out by late this week.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version installed, but I look forward to the workshop, and will try to make some time to RTFM. Thanks again for your replies.
    Just to make sure, click on the check for updates at the top right of step 1. You're posting in the beta 5 thread, so just wanted to make sure you have the 3.0 official release.

Right now, you can view everything for your overall leaks, which is typically a more reliable method, rather than looking at smaller samples of data.
    I respectfully disagree,,

suppose one is expereince leakbuster and picked out 4 things to work on and change doenst' happen over night. so a 4 month period looking at everything since that time would be cool.

another key point for me is suppose one hired a coach and used leakbuster to compare the advice and results over the time they had the coach. (sure one could dod that with omaha/hold them manager but not with the focus on leaks that leakbuster gives ).

try to see it from our point of view as well is all I am asking, heck if someone would put it to a poll perhaps it is something that the majority of the consumers wants.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERHOLMES View Post
    I respectfully disagree,,

suppose one is expereince leakbuster and picked out 4 things to work on and change doenst' happen over night. so a 4 month period looking at everything since that time would be cool.
    You're disagreeing that larger samples are more reliable? Because you can already set a 4 month period in LB to examine. Even with step 1.

Default no

i am not disagreeing that a larger sample is more reliable, but rather the focus of that sample.

i am saying that a sample when someone all the sudden changed his game in two months period then want to review from that date and at that certain stake, that is more reliable so not before the leaks busting started , but after the leakbusting started to see the subtle improvement.

of course we are talking about two things..
    you are talking about getting down and dirty wtih the leaks more accurately which a larger base helps
    and I am talking about a person who is using leakbuster to improve past that.

so back to this "Running for specific stake levels is something we're going to add, but it requires a lot more development time/work to complete"
    specific stakes is also important for when moves up,, the game is differnt so we want to keep a track of that. (i think).

to be honest here leakbuster support besides the intitial look at the product, and keeping it uptodate and a month of attempting no limit leakbusting and noticing a sublte improvement here and there..

i stopped actively trying to improve my game as I waited for omaha leakbuster which kept getting pushed back and back.
    so every beta I see it as the forthcoming omaha leakbuster I hope.

so that is why i agreed with tom888 post about the stake level for I would want to see it in my omaha leakbuster when I do step one as detailed as possible.

and of course want to see leakbuster do well as I kept up with the product as it improved from step to step.

Masterholmes hits the nail on the head.

When you offer us Step 1 of the Omaha Leakbuster I guess you'll have a stake option.

I'm saving up my coins ready to buy it.

Over/Under?...Christmas, New Year, Easter??

Quote Originally Posted by Tom888 View Post
    Masterholmes hits the nail on the head.

When you offer us Step 1 of the Omaha Leakbuster I guess you'll have a stake option.

I'm saving up my coins ready to buy it.

Over/Under?...Christmas, New Year, Easter??
    LB no-limit development has no impact on LB Omaha development. There are certain minor changes HM is doing to the database to increase performance and we are waiting on those changes in order to move forward with Omaha. Additionally we had to add significant filter changes into HM Omaha in order to do what we want in LB. So it was a lot of consulting back and forth to refine and make a better filter process for HM Omaha that both LB and non-leak buster customers will benefit from.

Our target is December, but it's not entirely up to us at this point.