Lag issue after 1 hour of play - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks
    Last edited by Bossi22; 01-08-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossi22 View Post
    Thanks
    I see you did some editing

I promise I am not ignoring your issue, I just absolutely have to get out a beta of Tournament support asap. There are many people who have been waiting for Tournament support for a very long time, and I can't put it on hold and put several hours of dev time hoping to figure out your lag variable. Hopefully those latest logs will show something with all the tests you did; should be able to take a a deeper look again next week!

Best,
    Adam

Well you havent been responding to my emails either. Like I said earlier, I understand I am low priority but it is nice to know things are moving in the right direction. It is really crappy I don't know anyone who had the same problem and how he fixed it. So I don't know where to start.

I have no choice but to randomly try things and hope it works. But I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, just testing and clicking buttons basically. Today I though I fixed it, though (read: praying) my audio driver caused the lag.

I even played for two hours without problems (longest since december) and was about to do a little happy dance, but things got bad again. Only with cashgames, not tournaments (but tb has no tournaments support yet so that does makes sense).

I just want to play poker without lag. I am looking forward to the moment where I get tilted by Russian shortstacking ratholers, get snap check miniraised when I completely miss, KK vs AA multiple times in a short amount of hands etc. Not by tiltbreaker.

Today I though that moment would come. But it started to lag again. Maybe it is pokerstars. I even tried an older version of tiltbreaker, but same thing.

Positive side is I have become an expert at formatting and reinstalling laptops. And I learned a lot about Windows. Most important thing I learned about windows is that I really really hate Windows (and Trustedinstaller).

Ah well just another useless rant/post, hopefully my last.

Do I win a price?

Apparently I am the only tiltbreaker/pokerstars user who suffers from unplayable lag.

With all updates or no updates
    With only HEM/tb/PS installed or everything installed
    With three different versions of windows
    With classic theme or aero theme (classic theme only screws me over after 40 minutes, atleast thats something)

ON TWO DIFFERENT LAPTOPS!
    Last edited by Bossi22; 01-12-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Another blogupdate!

Things still lag, and I just gave up all hope. Made a partition on my hard disk, praying that if tiltbreaker and system files need to be seperated so there won't any conflict or something (yea I know, but I am really desperate). Obviously didn't work.

Today I was praying it might be because my pokerstars handhistory files not being in the default section might cause the lag after an hour. Guess what? Nope. So obv spewed two buyins away when lag set in. Tiltbreaker alarm did go off though (yay).

Weird that my other laptop has the same issue. Maybe it is because of the logfile settings or something that overloads causing the lag. But don't know how to remove it because everytime I uninstall an reinstall tiltbreaker my old settings are still there. Wish I had some more information, but not that tiltbreaker support will give me an answer or something. I understand though, tournament support for tiltbreaker is vital and it is obviously catastrophic for the guys who have been waiting for over a year for this have to wait another couple of hours. Or maybe my posts also lag and you all see this in a month or so.

Only option left is Pokerstars, but that seems weird because then more people would have this issue and I wouldnt be talking to myself right now. Funny (not really) thing is after I lag, quit and try to play the same stakes I continue where I left off. But if I play different stakes it works, for an hour or so. But still wanted to try this playing on full tilt, but tiltbreaker wouldnt start and ofcourse I have no idea why, handhistory settings all in the right place but tiltbreaker just did not detect it so could not test it.

thats it for now, bye
    Last edited by Bossi22; 01-13-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: though or tho?

Sjaak,

Do you have instant lag when you play or does it happen after the first hour of the day? Does it gradually get worse? Do you have long freezes or just constant small ones (especially when dealt a new hand)?

I see you have a dutch nickname, do you have upc? It might be an internet thing. UPC and Amsterdam, Netherlands here. You?
    Last edited by Bossi22; 01-13-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: need to work on my english

Hi Sjaak,

I also play zoom only and have lag when getting dealt a new hand (3 tables), after 40 minutes of a new day.

I tried the handhistory on the second hard drive thing (see my earlier posts), with no luck however.

What do you think the problem is? What changes did you make and why?

Some questions for tiltbreaker Adam:

1. does it matter if the tiltbreaker handhistory config is at the directory as the HEM directory?
    2. does it matter if the tiltbreaker handhistory config is at the same hard drive (C: , D: , E: ) as the HEM directory or Pokerstars directory?
    3. does it matter if tiltbreaker is installed at the same hard drive as Pokerstars or Hem?
    4. How do I uninstall tiltbreaker, reinstall and have all my data cleaned? Now everytime I reinstall tiltbreaker I still have my old settings. How do I delete my old settings as well? I found some data at C:Program data, some data at users/appdata/local/tiltbreaker. However, if I delete those and reinstall I still have my old settings.
    5. Are the people who suffer from lag all from Holland and have UPC?

tx

"We think we found a solution to your lag; we need to further optimize some of our parsing. A fix could possibly be out this week!"

I really really really really hope so Adam. Would be nice to be able to concentrate on poker and not on the lag.

"could" "possibly" is still no garuantee. But this means changing my settings is useless and a waste of time? Only spend 100+ hours or so trying to solve this. I won't even bother then.

ffs I just want to play stress free poker. Last month has cost me so much money and time for not having this program and desperately trying to fix it.
    Last edited by Bossi22; 01-16-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: not a nightmare but still extremely annoying