Leak Buster 3.0: Public Beta 1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I do not want you to switch it back to the old method, and I am not suggesting that you switch it back to the old method. I am not suggesting that you do anything that would lose any valuable information. I wrote above that the new information is good, but there needs to be TWO views. You then responded that you had discussed internally the exact same thing, having the new view and what you called the "classical" view.

What I am suggesting is that you do it exactly the way you indicated, the new view, and the "classical" view too.
    What I mean is, even if a "classical" view is added, it's not going to have the same information displayed in the new step 2/3.

Do you think if the graphs were made smaller to fit more on the screen that this would work better?
    Last edited by Leak Buster Support; 10-02-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FATDAN44 View Post
    upgraded leakbuster and now HEM will not load. It stalls out at initializing database.
    Sorry to hear that. LB and HM and two separate programs. LB is not loaded until you click on it from inside of HM. I'm not sure what happened with your system, but I'd suggest re-installing HM, and you should be fine.
    Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps

You can then try and re-install the beta of LB if you want.

As I work through the new update a couple of things come to mind:

1. The Vitalmyth vids are incredibly dense. I know Corwin's a great player but if you compare them with the original Poker Zion vids then you'll see that these originals are better focused as teaching aids. Certainly I'd need to re-view these new vids and I wounldn't object to a cliff's notes type summary document to help me remember the key points.

2. I'm a little confused about the Preflop Positional Awareness stat. I get a score of 3.69 which suggests a bit more play from up front would be appropriate. At the same time I'm getting an F for Cutoff UO PFR which is 18.9. If I now "work" on this stat and get it up to a target range beginning at 25.1 I'm going to do some damage to the PPA stat. So it seems I need to open more hands up front and more hands on the CO.

So I look at the VPIP and see 18.9 which suggests enough leeway to get more hands opened...and a PFR of 14 which suggests enough space to get some more hands raised as well.

So...you're trying to turn me from a 19/14 player towards something closer to 21/17 player with the extras coming from upfront and some in the CO, I guess which will give me a better score on PPA and give me extra hands played for the VPIP and PFR.

How does that sound as analysis...am I on the right track here?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback.

1) By dense you mean there's too much info in these? How would you rate the content of them overall?
    2) Yes, that's pretty much how it would even out. It's just letting you know you're missing a little bit of extra value. You can still play pretty tight style if that's what you prefer, but if you want to add some extra hands, you know where you should be doing this from if you want to.

There's a difference, I think, between being a great expert and being a great teacher.

Corwin is clearly a great expert and as such I need to sit and think and digest and work through it slowly. There's nothing wrong with his material but it is for me less readily memorable and I can feel my eyes glazing over after a while.

I find John's stuff more accessible and easier to draw learning points from. A good example is John's vid on bluffing which is clear, succinct and easy to understand and I took the learning from it more readily.

There are no negatives here...it's entirely positive but attach a set of learning notes to Corwin's vids and you'll be popular in this house.

Yes, understood. You have to keep in mind that out of a lot of training videos across many training sites that John's a rare combo of good player and good teacher. It's difficult to find players who have crushed the stakes they've played, and be able to present material in a structured and accessible way.

The good news is that we've talked with John about doing more material for Leak Buster, and it's a go as far as I know. I don't know when it will be available at this point though.

Default updated leakbuster via leak so i can give feedback.

Here is an impression of version 3 no limit version.

Step one.

There is no longer a video here talking about the finer points of leakbuster, I appreciated that for I felt that step one was just a big informercial.
    Here it is more interactive looking and just first run date, and last run date is a big step in the right direction. (I can’t wait til I see this for Omaha leakbuster ).

Step two

I love that it went from a great deal of leaks to 12 leaks and 3 potentials that for me is more manageable. I especially love how it points what leak to work on first,, (something I asked for in a workshop long ago eheh ) and I must say that I was surprised by what leak to work on first i totally expected preflop this ,, and instead it is flop orientated and just that in itself made my eyes go “really “?.

I also like that for each leak you click there was the recommendations and filter to correspond (that made me feel like leakbuster has really listened to the feedback of the consumer).

Step 3

Let me start off with the negative after importing,, on that cute little picture of the six handed tables, I would like to see either a number colour code or the grade appear at each position on that table.
    I would like to see also in the bottom right hand corner where it says leakbuster analysis to see it renamed to positional analysis and just have positional leaks counted here.
    At the very least ,, the leak number from the advanced section on top should be displayed here.
    Still I liked that the more positional leaks are more manageable.

Of course nothing new here for the other steps,,
    But that isn’t what the beta was about, as previously in previous updates, step 4, 5 and step 6 were updated to be more interesting and helpful.

Also it wasn’t’ noticed but there was 2 or 3 more additional filters to bring it up to 52, which impressed me for I didn’t’ know it could go more further eheh.

Ohh one little thing is clicking checkcall video for filter 50 brought up an exception error and asked if I wanted to continue or quit. (it is beta so it will be fixed I am sure by the time of it final stage).

The biggest improvement for me was step nine opponents didn’t’ take long to look for 10 players , for me that has taken a long time every time I tried after updating the hem.

(now if only they can find something to do for biggest loss to make it beautiful and more helpful then just a video to on advice to review biggest loss but some day it will be I am sure ).

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post
    What I mean is, even if a "classical" view is added, it's not going to have the same information displayed in the new step 2/3.
    Yes, the classical view has less information in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post
    Do you think if the graphs were made smaller to fit more on the screen that this would work better?
    I have no strong opinion on this one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERHOLMES View Post
    Here is an impression of version 3 no limit version.

Step one.

There is no longer a video here talking about the finer points of leakbuster, I appreciated that for I felt that step one was just a big informercial.
    Here it is more interactive looking and just first run date, and last run date is a big step in the right direction. (I can’t wait til I see this for Omaha leakbuster ).
    Step 1 should be the new focal point for understanding your leaks. It actually has new advice and feedback based on multiple sets of information from different steps.

Step two

I love that it went from a great deal of leaks to 12 leaks and 3 potentials that for me is more manageable. I especially love how it points what leak to work on first,, (something I asked for in a workshop long ago eheh ) and I must say that I was surprised by what leak to work on first i totally expected preflop this ,, and instead it is flop orientated and just that in itself made my eyes go “really “?.

I also like that for each leak you click there was the recommendations and filter to correspond (that made me feel like leakbuster has really listened to the feedback of the consumer).
    The new algorithm is even much more sophisticated, so it will classify and rank your stats on several factors including sample size, distance from most profitable ranges, and average winrate for your specific stat result compared to other higher and lower ranges.

Yes, we log every customer feedback provided, whether during workshops or on forums. We try and implement everything that makes sense, so we always welcome suggestions and feedback.

Step 3

Let me start off with the negative after importing,, on that cute little picture of the six handed tables, I would like to see either a number colour code or the grade appear at each position on that table.
    I would like to see also in the bottom right hand corner where it says leakbuster analysis to see it renamed to positional analysis and just have positional leaks counted here.
    At the very least ,, the leak number from the advanced section on top should be displayed here.
    Still I liked that the more positional leaks are more manageable.
    The step 3 simple mode is going to have some changes before release. I'll pass on these other ideas to the developer too.

Of course nothing new here for the other steps,,
    But that isn’t what the beta was about, as previously in previous updates, step 4, 5 and step 6 were updated to be more interesting and helpful.
    Only minor changes for these steps and some minor bug fixes. We will also be implementing stake levels for these in the 3.0 official release.

Also it wasn’t’ noticed but there was 2 or 3 more additional filters to bring it up to 52, which impressed me for I didn’t’ know it could go more further eheh.

Ohh one little thing is clicking checkcall video for filter 50 brought up an exception error and asked if I wanted to continue or quit. (it is beta so it will be fixed I am sure by the time of it final stage).
    There's actually 7 new filters added that are based on post flop lines. There's going to be a comparison grid here in the release version to let you know what the average winrates are for every single filter.

The 7 videos are not on the server yet. They are being re-edited before posting (this is in the release notes).

The biggest improvement for me was step nine opponents didn’t’ take long to look for 10 players , for me that has taken a long time every time I tried after updating the hem.

(now if only they can find something to do for biggest loss to make it beautiful and more helpful then just a video to on advice to review biggest loss but some day it will be I am sure ).[/QUOTE]

Yes, the speed is much much faster. Thanks for the feedback... appreciate it.

suggestions :

1) tune down bling bling ; less is more ; speed is priority.

2) Step two section now takes too much space due to displaying those range bars. Old style data sheet was better ; also takes less space.

Overall i give Leak Buster B +

Keep doing good job