HM2 - Not responding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HM2 - Not responding

Version 2.0.0.7660
    When I start HM2 I get an message "Not responding" in the main screen and it lasts 2-3 minutes before HM2 starts but I cannot really do something because I directly get a new "Not responding" message, the HUD freezes, HM2 freezes ... In order to close HM2, I have to lunch the task manager. I'm using Windows 7, the software is updated; the hardware is up to date ... what's going wrong?

+1

I downloaded new notecaddy edge update and was making definitions. Accidentally I closed HEM and until then it doesn't work.

It only shows start up screen, start loading hands and just not responding after few secs.

I've reinstaled hem2 several times, then postgre also. When I reinstaled postgre it created new database, I imported about 50k hands from archive and again it stopped working.

What to do?

I also downloaded new notecaddy edge update and had finished recreating the notes. I started to play but after a few hands my HUD stopped working, HM2 wasn't responding any more ...

i'm having similar issues, and also installed Notecaddy Edge updated pack. when i installed the NCE pack, i was running .7660 beta. woke up today, and saw i was having issues and alot of freezing with HM2, so installed the .7660 official release. I tried re-installing a few times, and am having no luck. but did revert back to .7318 at some point, and was no longer having the lag issue. tried reloading .7660, and back to the same.

Have vacuumed/reindexed database using pgaAdmin, optimized postgres, and still no luck.

right now i have the replayer open. initially i saw multiple instances of the default 2.0 hud. tried switching to a different hud profile, and now am just frozen for almost 10 minutes now.

Any suggestions?

Problem solved (HM2 works again) after getting help from the "Note Caddy Edge" support. I quote their e-mail:
    (...)
    One thing that you can try to do to get back into HM2 is to go to C:/Users/"yourname"/AppData/Roaming/HoldemManager/NoteCaddy Definitions
    - Then delete your NCE definitions from in there. You can leave the back up files. Now try to restart HM2. If it works go ahead and get the latest update of HM2, and then autoupdate to the latest version of NoteCaddy.

After that you can try to install the new NCE again, or wait for the release (should be about 1 day before you actually receive I'm guessing), or revert back to an older version of NCE.
    (...)

That worked for me too. Thank you Jadupsky.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBKK View Post
    That worked for me too. Thank you Jadupsky.

I tried what you guys have recommended. i deleted the notes in the Notecaddy definitions folder, and initially i thought this worked for me also. After the deletion the program seemed to be responsive again using version .7660. I re-installed the Notecaddy Edge package, and everything seemed fine to be operating fine. i left it processing notes, and had to leave the house. It just finished processing notes, and now it is back to the same type of behavior. very laggy, if i try to pull up a hand in the replayer i just get a "waiting for hands..." message, and it sits this way for quite a long time.

Not sure what to try at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by goathair View Post
    I tried what you guys have recommended. i deleted the notes in the Notecaddy definitions folder, and initially i thought this worked for me also. After the deletion the program seemed to be responsive again using version .7660. I re-installed the Notecaddy Edge package, and everything seemed fine to be operating fine. i left it processing notes, and had to leave the house. It just finished processing notes, and now it is back to the same type of behavior. very laggy, if i try to pull up a hand in the replayer i just get a "waiting for hands..." message, and it sits this way for quite a long time.

Not sure what to try at this point.
    +1
    Same problem; the replayer is now extremly laggy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadupsky View Post
    +1
    Same problem; the replayer is now extremly laggy ...
    +1
    plus licence problem when start HM Offline! HM2 is asking me to enter licence code, when I start it offline; if I start it whith connection, it starts without problem!! It's so bored...
    Last edited by Xice; 12-22-2012 at 04:46 AM.

+1

I have a monster PC and the software is unusable!